Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2006 9:18:04 PM EDT
Here's where you spill it.  What goodies do you have on your CX4, where'd you get them from, and how much did you spend.  

I'm about to get my own CX4 in 9mm, so I'm gonna need some stuff for it.  Gonna start with the top rail and some magazines.  Probably temporarily use a cheaper dot sight, and then save up for something nicer.  

Who has the best prices on accessories and magazines?   I know I want at least a couple OEM 20 rounders, and a few 30-32 rounders.  I saw ProMag has 32 round magazines for the 92, so I figure they'll work in the Storm.  

Spill it guys!  
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:31:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Magazines - get the Mec-Gar 20 rounders, they don't need the plastic to keep from overinsertion like the more expensive Beretta's, and they're just as nice. $18 from Midway with your C&R discount.

As for accessories, Houts enterprises has everything for the Storm. Dunno if he's the cheapest, but his shipping is lightening fast, great service.

For a cheap (but very good scope), I highly recommend Bushnell's Trophy 4-reticle sight. It's got a dot, big dot, crosshair and circle-dot. 30mm tube, cowitnesses perfectly with std. rings, and it holds its zero great. Very rugged and "eotech-like" to shoot. Again, Midway with the discount - $59 IIRC.

I like the Tango Down VSG grip with the Beretta forward "U" Rail.

As for other accessories, I use a std. rail-sling adapter ($8 from SG) and a 3-point sling (home made via the legendary cheap tac-sling thread). Works great.

Here's mine with all the bells/whistles:

My barrel has been shortened to 14.875", a 3-prong hider on it, but other than that it's as I listed accessory wise. I have $700 in mine, with all the extras.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:17:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Swing, thanks for reminding me of the C&R discount.  I never did send Midway a copy of mine, and  I'm moving in a week, so I need to find the form for the change of address and get that done.  I'd love to save a few bucks on a few things.  

I'm gonna start with the top rail, the front three rail unit and a tac sling and adapter, and probably a sight like you have.  Can't beat that price, and if it holds zero, I'm all for it!   I'll wait for something fancy.  I'm not sure I'll go with a fore grip... I want to see how it handles in a couple matches.  

I'll also check out the mags.  I did check out ProMag, and they have 20 and 32 round mags for the 92.  I might try a couple.  Some people don't like ProMag much, but I've used a few of their pistol magazines, and have been very satisfied with them.  If I get a few, I'll post a review here.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:14:31 AM EDT
[#3]
JMO but I havent seena VFG that I like on a Storm.

I do think Aimpoints look darn cool on the storm though.  With a light in the 3 or 9 position I think they look great.  Yea I know functionality, but VFG's and lights at the 6 position just don't do it for me.

Get a flash hider as well.  Read somewhere that if you cut the barrel down by a inch or so for a FH, muzzel velocity rises by about 50fps.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:18:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't think I'll get a VFG anyway... I don't really like them much, and if I had something, I'd want it further back, closer to the trigger gaurd than the muzzle.  

An Aimpoint would look pretty wicked on it.  Maybe eventually I'll end up with one.  I'd like the U shaped front rails, use the left side for a sling adapter, and put a light on the right side.   I'm not sure about the muzzle stuff... although I would like to thread it and get a can for it.   A silent Storm would be pretty sweet.  Maybe if it's determined to be legal, SBR it, and cut the barrel down to about 1" in front of the body, and then thread it.   We'll see!  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:39:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I don't think I'll get a VFG anyway... I don't really like them much, and if I had something, I'd want it further back, closer to the trigger gaurd than the muzzle.  

An Aimpoint would look pretty wicked on it.  Maybe eventually I'll end up with one.  I'd like the U shaped front rails, use the left side for a sling adapter, and put a light on the right side.   I'm not sure about the muzzle stuff... although I would like to thread it and get a can for it.   A silent Storm would be pretty sweet.  Maybe if it's determined to be legal, SBR it, and cut the barrel down to about 1" in front of the body, and then thread it.   We'll see!  

Save yourself some $$ if you don't like the VFG. The Storm has 1 front side rail, and mounting points for a 2nd on the opposite side so if you get a second rail which is much cheaper than the U rail, you'll have rails on both sides of the forend. Plus, there's the sliding rail mount under the barrel, giving you 3 points to mount toys on without the need for the U rail.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:29:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought my CX 9mm as a package deal, with all 3 rails, tango down grip, sling, added a barrel shroud that totally looks made for it.

I use,and have not have any probelms at all with the Promag 32 rd's.

Anyone seen any bigger than 10 rd 45 mags yet??
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:54:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Rush, that's good to hear about the mags.  I think I'm going to start with 3 or 4 20 rounders (probably MecGar from Midway) so I can get some shooting and shoot in some matches, then I want to snag a couple of those 32 rounders.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:46:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Houts, an industry partner, has a good selection.

I have a question for the guys who own a Cx4: Have you/can you easily remove the barrel?

Could you swap the barrel and fire a different caliber? Or are other parts sepcific to the other calibers.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:12:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Path,

I've read over on the Beretta forum that you'd need some sort of special wrench to remove the barrel.  Changing to another caliber?  Probably not very feasible.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:30:23 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Path,

I've read over on the Beretta forum that you'd need some sort of special wrench to remove the barrel.  Changing to another caliber?  Probably not very feasible.  

I just registered there and am reading the same thread... unless you're good at making your own tools I'm guessing Beretta isn't going to be selling a barrel wrench anytime soon...
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:05:43 AM EDT
[#11]
I checked out your posts and the other threads here.  Looks like it should be legal to go ahead and thread the muzzle of the stock barrel.  IIRC, it's 16.6 inches, so there should be no problem with that.  AND/OR you could SBR the gun and then thread.  

I seriously think I might eventually thread and supress the rifle as is, then maybe later on SBR it, cut the barrel to just in front of the body and thread it there.  I think it would end up pretty bad-ass!  

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:29:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I have the CX4 in 45 ACP.

I have a Bushnell Trophy red dot scope on it, it has 4 different reticles.  Inexpensive and effective.  No problems with it so far and I have over 500 hundred rounds thru the rifle.

I also have a Beamshot 2000 Green laser along with a Beamshot flashlight mounted on it.  The ads don't lie when they say you can see the laser at 1 mile at night.  Best thing is on a sunny day, you can see the laser at 100+ yds on a target.  It is so bright, you can blind someone with it, good standoff, non lethal weapon if you ask me.

In total, I have too much money tied up in it, but it is damn fun to shoot.
CX4 = $620.00
Laser = $400.00 including flashlight
Bushnell sight = $100.00
Total = $1120.00

The only thing I wish I could get are extended round mags.  The 9mm has the 20 made for it, but the 45 is stuck with 8 rounders.  I wonder if contacting ProMag or one of the other after market mag companies would help get them made.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:54:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, I hear the .45 CX4s are still stuck with no good capacity magazines.   I'm going with 9mm for cheap ammo, and good mag capacity.  There are Beretta and MecGar mags in 20 rounds, and a couple others in 30 or 32 rounds.   Promag has some 32rd mags, and I've seen a few people comment that they work fine in their CX4s.   I'll mostly be using MecGar 20 rounders, as they're not so expensive (less than $20 each from Midway)

I'm also thinking about putting a S.P.O.T. mkIII on it... I read photoman's review in the optics forum... man, he gave it a licking, and it kept on ticking!  Not bad for 150 bones.  

I will also likely mount some sort of flashlight on the right rail.  I don't really care for a laser, just a light.  

My configuration will be:

Top rail
S.P.O.T. mkIII
left rail with sling adapter
3 point sling
right rail with weapon light

and later on

threaded barrel
suppressor
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:28:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Here's a a slightly less expensive alternative to the Beretta "factory" barrel shroud.

link

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:24:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:34:10 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Taggity Ann!

gheyest tag ever
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:04:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:11:00 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Taggity Ann!

gheyest tag ever

So what was it like being the inspiration for Brokeback Mountain?  

never saw it but you must have
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:19:52 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't know why I didn't see this before now.  

Anyway, I'm embarrassed at how much I've spent on accessories & such (many not in the pic) for this silly thing for no more serious use than it will ever see...

... but it sure is fun.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:22:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:24:57 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Taggity Ann!

gheyest tag ever

So what was it like being the inspiration for Brokeback Mountain?  

never saw it but you must have

Only saw the preview in the theatre with Jake Gyllanhall riding you bareback errrr brokeback.  

The wife wants to see it and I don't know why.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:01:43 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Path,

I made my own "special wrench". Its not a big deal. Even easier than taking an AR barrel off
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:21:58 PM EDT
[#23]
twonami and HiramRanger... get a room or take it to IM... your mucking it up an otherwise good thread. And feel free to edit and delete all your BS BrokeAss Mounted posts while you're at it. No one here is interested. Thanks guys. I knew you'd understand.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:07:00 PM EDT
[#24]
My Tasco Pro-point co-witness with the sights. I love it when a spare optic works well.
Silly me. I also just discovered that the front sight folds down.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:38:01 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I made my own "special wrench". Its not a big deal. Even easier than taking an AR barrel off

Plan on making any more and  possibly selling them?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:50:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Just found this by luck...

Cx4 Storm brass catchers
They make two... one for righties and one for lefties.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:24:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Pretty cool, Path!  

I know one thing I'd like, that would probably be pretty simple:  something to cover the ejection port on the side that is not being ejected out of.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top