Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2003 6:06:03 PM EDT
Read the web on Saturday and picked up a CAI CETME at the gunshow on Sunday.  Brought it home, stripped it down and cleaned and lubed it.  It was pretty filthy.

The buttstock pins and trigger group came out without much hassle and the headspace was within the acceptable range I found online (0.015").  I couldn't tell if the bolt had been ground down to increase headspace.  Maybe someone with more CETME experience could see that but I think I'd have to disassemble the bolt and I didn't want to do that just yet.

So I took it the range and shot 200 rnds of Port without any problems.  I didn't care too much for the v-notch blade of the paddle sight.  It probably works better in the light of day but in the indoor range, it was tough to line up.  I switched to the 200 meter peep-hole paddle on the rear sight and since I didn't have a sight tool, I just lived with the fact that it was shooting high at 50 yds (the max of the NRA's indoor range).

I'm very happy with the CETME and count my blessings that it seems I got a keeper. And I will be even happier if it continues to work so well.  It's definitely the lightest recoiling 308 I've shot (m1a, ar-10, dpms lr).

I've read alot about how loud it is but from a shooter's perspective the blast is less than my 16" AR-15 shooting Q3131A.  I don't know how the people shooting to either side of me felt though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top