Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2005 3:29:13 PM EDT
Who carries the best prices on bulk (500-2000rds) .308 ammo for an HK91/G3?

ASO544
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 1:50:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Aim is advetising South African 140rd 'Battle Packs' for $22.95 each.

www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/copy_of_South_African.html
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:03:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Note on S/A ammo,  
On a new chamber, you may have problems with the ammo sticking to the flutes. The S/A has slightly rougher cases (side walls) and the cases tend to flair/exspand more that other surplus ammo.

I had this problem breaking in a new FMP build for the first few hundred rounds trying to run S/A ammo.

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:06:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Note on S/A ammo,  
On a new chamber, you may have problems with the ammo sticking to the flutes. The S/A has slightly rougher cases (side walls) and the cases tend to flair/exspand more that other surplus ammo.

I had this problem breaking in a new FMP build for the first few hundred rounds trying to run S/A ammo.

After the 1st few hundred rounds did the problem go away?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:58:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I just bought a JLD and have shot about 400+ rounds of SA with zero issues.

Afte shooting 2 battlepacks through it I placed an order with AIM for 2 cases. I'm very pleased with the gun and the ammo.

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:41:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Note on S/A ammo,  

After the 1st few hundred rounds did the problem go away?

Yes,  
But Keep in mind that this was a FMP barrel, and not a JLD barrel.  Chances are that the JLD rifle will shoot fine from the start with S/A ammo.  Hell, everything else I have in 308 loves S/A ammo, so go figure. It was just the barrel break in on the FMP that was a bit dodgy from the start.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:12:24 AM EDT
[#6]
For the cheapest, but good ammo(not same lot though) try Southern ammo.  Got the link from the 1919a4 site.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top