Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/20/2005 3:29:13 PM EDT
Who carries the best prices on bulk (500-2000rds) .308 ammo for an HK91/G3?

ASO544
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 1:50:00 AM EDT
Aim is advetising South African 140rd 'Battle Packs' for $22.95 each.

www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/copy_of_South_African.html
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:03:27 AM EDT
Note on S/A ammo,
On a new chamber, you may have problems with the ammo sticking to the flutes. The S/A has slightly rougher cases (side walls) and the cases tend to flair/exspand more that other surplus ammo.

I had this problem breaking in a new FMP build for the first few hundred rounds trying to run S/A ammo.

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:06:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Dano523:
Note on S/A ammo,
On a new chamber, you may have problems with the ammo sticking to the flutes. The S/A has slightly rougher cases (side walls) and the cases tend to flair/exspand more that other surplus ammo.

I had this problem breaking in a new FMP build for the first few hundred rounds trying to run S/A ammo.

After the 1st few hundred rounds did the problem go away?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:58:09 AM EDT
I just bought a JLD and have shot about 400+ rounds of SA with zero issues.

Afte shooting 2 battlepacks through it I placed an order with AIM for 2 cases. I'm very pleased with the gun and the ammo.

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:41:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SkagSig40:

Originally Posted By Dano523:
Note on S/A ammo,

After the 1st few hundred rounds did the problem go away?

Yes,
But Keep in mind that this was a FMP barrel, and not a JLD barrel. Chances are that the JLD rifle will shoot fine from the start with S/A ammo. Hell, everything else I have in 308 loves S/A ammo, so go figure. It was just the barrel break in on the FMP that was a bit dodgy from the start.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:12:24 AM EDT
For the cheapest, but good ammo(not same lot though) try Southern ammo. Got the link from the 1919a4 site.
Top Top