Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
4/18/2021 9:59:29 PM
Posted: 6/1/2008 11:47:21 AM EDT
Well, I inadvertently caught the Hk bug, and I have some newb questions. Genuine Hk 9x's are super expensive so I would be happy with a vector clone. The problems I keep running into are-

I want to customize it a lot. I want the Hk33k 12.5 in barrel with a permanently attached FH. That would mean I would need to buy a genuine Hk33 barrel… hard to come by?

Then I need to start worrying about parts count, I am sure Vector has way more parts made stateside than what is necessary, but no one seems to know for sure. I can’t SBR in Washington so that is out.

I want to put the Navy lower on it with the pictograms. This means I would have Clip and Pin (or just clip) the lower to fit. I have no idea how to do this. Will the Vector lower parts work in the Hk polymer lower?

I will want to put a railed forearm on it at some point also.

So my question is, am I better off buying it piece by piece and building it? Will all the Hk parts fit a vector receiver? How about the barrels, are they easy to install? I know you have to have a trunnion sp., I am completely green when it comes to gunsmithing Hk long arms.

Any help would be awesome,
Thanks

Edit: spelling
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 4:29:12 PM EDT
I just bought a Vector factory 33k (pinned flash hider) off Sturm.  If you can find one, this is the way to go.  I wouldn't trust just anyone to press an HK barrel - HK builds are nothing like piecing together an AR.  The well known HK smiths will charge $600 - $800 for a really nice build if you have all the parts.  I've had Investment Grade Firearms (IGF) do a 94 to MP5 conversion & have another 94 being refinished & a 3-lug added by them now.  Either way, you should end up with a nice gun, but a quality build should cost you more.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 6:51:43 PM EDT
Okay, I think I have decided to go ahead and buy the V53. Then upgrade it with the 4th gen A3 stock. Does anyone know if Vector will cut down barrels? I would prefer a shorter barrel with a permanently attached flash hider. Also, I am pretty sure the rifling is 1/12, it would be nice if they made a barrel 1/7. I know the Hk 93 Barrel is 1/7 but then I would have to worry about the parts count and being 922r compliant. Does anyone know where I can get a shorter Hk barrel? And how hard is it to install a barrel?
Thanks,
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:18:25 PM EDT
It might be easier to get a V53P and SBR it than cutting down a V53.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:13:14 PM EDT
Why not just purchase the V53 SBR outright?
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:39:21 PM EDT
Can't SBR in Washington state.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:05:23 PM EDT

Quoted:
Can't SBR in Washington state.

Oh yeah...forgot about that. Well, you can go pistol...16" barrel, or go V93.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:32:40 PM EDT
I talked to Adam Webber today (great guy) and he gave me some ideas. I think what I am going to wind up doing is buying a V53 rifle, putting a clipped and pinned HK lower on it, putting an A3 Collapsible stock on it and calling it a day. It would be fun to build one from the ground up, but I don't have the tools or knowledge to tackle that headache.
Top Top