Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/22/2005 2:39:20 PM EDT
Ruger 10/22
RB Precision Evolution stock with extended rail.
Adams & Bennett heavy barrel with comp
Standard AR-15 stock
Hogue AR-15 grip
Harris bi-pod
Barska 4-16x50 Adjustable Objective scope

Only thing left is the Volquartsen trigger. Because the trigger is really hurting me.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:07:45 PM EDT
*** FURRY ANIMALS THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING! ***
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:54:16 AM EDT
I contacted RB precision about using a Vulquartsen trigger group with that stock. The trigger guard is shaped differently and will not work in the stock without modification.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:21:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/29/2005 12:21:39 PM EDT by mjohn3006]

Originally Posted By SturmMonkey:
I contacted RB precision about using a Vulquartsen trigger group with that stock. The trigger guard is shaped differently and will not work in the stock without modification.

Thanks. I have not ordered the trigger yet. Maybe have saved me some money.

Any other triggers that do work? Or a good mod I can do myself?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:48:12 PM EDT
You can still use the Volquartsen trigger parts just not the whole trigger group. The Evolution stock follows the contour of the stock Ruger trigger guard. Volquartsen uses an octagonal shaped guard and will not fit in the stock. Here is a picture of my Volquartsen trigger group you can see the trigger guard will not fit in your stock unless you grind the area in front of the pistol grip. This sucks as I really want an Evolution stock for this rifle.

http://members.cox.net/crowleyj/images/vq_trigger.JPG
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:32:18 AM EDT
out of sight, this is great
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 4:37:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SturmMonkey:
You can still use the Volquartsen trigger parts just not the whole trigger group. The Evolution stock follows the contour of the stock Ruger trigger guard. Volquartsen uses an octagonal shaped guard and will not fit in the stock. Here is a picture of my Volquartsen trigger group you can see the trigger guard will not fit in your stock unless you grind the area in front of the pistol grip. This sucks as I really want an Evolution stock for this rifle.

members.cox.net/crowleyj/images/vq_trigger.JPG

Cool. So I should just order the volquartzen trigger group parts, rather than the whole drop in kit. correct?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:24:28 AM EDT
Right. That is how I built my first 10/22. You won't get the ability to adjust the trigger like you can with a whole trigger group but the pull won't be too bad (anything is better than the stock trigger).
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:37:06 PM EDT
If all you want to do is lighten the trigger, just buy the VQ hammer kit.

By the way, check out http://ruger22.com It is a free site that has hundreads of photos showing you how to install and modify most anything with a 10/22
Bob
Top Top