Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2006 2:56:14 PM EDT
Currently in the process of building an HK-91 clone using a JLD receiver.  I have a FMP kit that I bought from ORF and was wonderiing if the receivers are supposed to be that tight.  I mean the bolt carrier is very tight when trying you try to insert it into the receiver.  Before I work on the carrier I was wondering if this is normal with these type of receivers.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:04:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Should slide right in, what appears to be binding?

Did you buy the receiver as new from a dealer?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:42:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes I did (buy it new).  I actually bought that from ORF as well.  It appears to be tight on the sides.  The receiver appeared to be brand new in the box.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:12:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Check the bolt locking lever, it may be bent.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:27:13 AM EDT
[#4]
reverse it and put it in backwards..  does it slide in that way?

The SW3 receiver I built, was a little tight at first, but a once I had completed my build, I had put in and removed the carrier so many times it now slides right in without any hang ups..

I am guessing you don't have any other carriers to try?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:50:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I went the same route you did and everything fit like a glove.   I am extremly happy with the results.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:20:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
reverse it and put it in backwards..  does it slide in that way?

The SW3 receiver I built, was a little tight at first, but a once I had completed my build, I had put in and removed the carrier so many times it now slides right in without any hang ups..

I am guessing you don't have any other carriers to try?

It's tight.  I think I'll keep trying.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top