Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2016 12:25:08 PM EDT
It works great on straight Wall cases with Lyman turbo charge added.  Doesn't work for crap on bottle neck cases. I spent a couple hours shaking it out of .223 cases. I have a dozen or so left it's trapped in the case.  Oh well, I'm getting a swaging die to make .41 bullets out of 9mm cases.  

I was racking my brain what to do and it struck me.  Run put through the grain mill.  

It is a bit dusty. I may make a box with window screen on the bottom and shake off the dust.  

Bird litter is 10% the cost of media at the LGS.  Even with the addition of Lyman Turbo Charge it is still cheaper.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:59:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Corn cob I use is used for media blasting.  It is about the same particle size as lizard litter walnut.  Works quite well for me.

ETA:
I can't comment on cost, as a friend who works at a commercial paint contractor got me some to try, and I am still using it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:08:48 PM EDT
[#2]
The pet store was out of Lizzard litter that I usually buy and I thought "What the heck?"  and gave it a shot.  

It does work like charm on straight wall cases.

I will try the ground size in some .30-'06 cases and report back.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:46:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Never buy corn cob at a pet store or wally world. Way to big unless you are doing 50 BMG.
You want 14/20 Grist Corn Cob Blasting Media.  McMaster Carr part #32725K63 or Grainger Part #2MVR5

Best Additives IMHO
Iosso Case Polish
Dillon Case Polish
Nu Finish is okay, but the ones above are better IMHO
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:03:05 PM EDT
[#4]
It is running now with .223 and I checked. The media fals right out.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top