Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2002 6:11:56 PM EDT
Last week I bought a sporter II match target HBAR. I want to put a carbine upper on it, but i can't decide between M4 and CAR-15. I intend to have the sear block removed, and will probably sell the upper. Also, what manufacturer should I buy from. I am willing to pay for quality, but i want to stay close to mil-spec appearance. No gadgets. Does a 14.5 inch barrel have enough velocity to hunt coyotes? That's something I want to start doing and I don't want to cripple animals.

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 6:29:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd have a 16-20" barrel for hunting and then the 14.5 for playing and "other" things.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 6:58:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I plan on purchasing a RRA 16 5.56mm upper with mid-length handguards for my pre-ban.  I like the increased sight radius with the midlength vs short handguards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top