Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2002 6:40:02 PM EDT
I just bought a Yugo SKS, still packed in cosmoline. The thing is mostly original with all numbers matching with exception of the stock and gastube. The gas tube was force matched so this must be an arsenal repair. The bore was coated in cosmoline but it came out an ugly black color. Looks like old Tibor forgot to clean the rifle before storage. The patches came out black, not rust colored. When a light is shined down the barrel it looks pretty shiny. Seems like there is some kind of fuzz or something in the barrel. This crap doesn't seem to go away but gets moved around as I put patches through the barrel. I am not sure what the hell I am seeing, maybe just patch lint catching on something? I am not sure what to rate this barrel because all of my other weapons have chrome lined barrels. I have never seen a perfect non-chromed barrel or a S****Y non-chromed barrel so I have no benchmarks to  work off of.

Thanks, Any ideas?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top