Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2005 10:34:50 PM EDT

Was thinking about ordering the the barreled action w/o stock from CMP and putting it in a black polymer stock since it would not be all original anyway. Any got any pics of one like this?
Did not see one in the picture thread.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:36:55 PM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:14:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Ramline.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:09:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I have an M1 Garand in a Ramline stock. I have been well pleased with it.

Ramline no longer makes the Garand stock (AFAIK) They show up from time to time on evilbay. If you go that route, make sure that the stock comes in a complete set and includes the rubber recoil pad. The steel buttplate will not fit.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:45:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have an M1 Garand in a Ramline stock. I have been well pleased with it.

Ramline no longer makes the Garand stock (AFAIK) They show up from time to time on evilbay. If you go that route, make sure that the stock comes in a complete set and includes the rubber recoil pad. The steel buttplate will not fit.

I snagged the pic from www.gunaccessories.com.

They list it, but that's no promise they have it in stock.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:44:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Was thinking about ordering the the barreled action w/o stock from CMP and putting it in a black polymer stock since it would not be all original anyway. Any got any pics of one like this?
Did not see one in the picture thread.

R
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:41:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a camo ramline stock. Its ok... I put it on the rifle while I was redoing the wood stock so I could still shoot my garand.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:21:35 PM EDT
[#7]
For the price that you will spend on the ram line, you can buy a Boyds finshed wood stock.  
If stock hardware is needed, Sarco sells the kits for cheap.  
(read both hardware and stock is less than $100)
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:34:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a Garand in a Ramline stock and am very happy with it. Nice and tight. I still have the very beat up wood stock if I ever want to go back to original. But probably won't. I like it!

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:54:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have a Garand in a Ramline stock and am very happy with it. Nice and tight. I still have the very beat up wood stock if I ever want to go back to original. But probably won't. I like it!

im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5dd23b3127cce90d549d8765600000016108Eatm7JqxcW

Nice EBR. I'm liking the idea so far.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:45:22 AM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:59:23 AM EDT
[#11]
I picked up an H&R someone had slapped polymer on, ripped that shit off real quick and put honest to goodness wood back on it.  Sent the stock to a friend in South Carolina for one of his builds...

the stocks do not feel right, look right, nor do they bed tight enough for me.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:16:22 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

+1

Along with putting AR stuff on an AK, 30 rounders in an SKS, and bubbaizing mil-surps for deer guns, this is another gun heresy.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:57:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:14:01 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Along with putting AR stuff on an AK, 30 rounders in an SKS, and bubbaizing mil-surps for deer guns, this is another gun heresy.

Bubbadizing would be diefined as an irreversible modification to a firearm.  What is the big deal with swapping for a synthetic stock?  You can swap it back again with no premanent mod to the weapon.  It is tougher than a wood stock, will be less likely to swell crack, etc. due to weather and thus will make shooting mre consistent and the weapon more weatherproof.  No different than putting a sythetic on an M1A IMHO.

You guys who like to thinkof yourselves as "purists" just crack me up.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:14:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Yeah it's just a rack grade barreled action from CMP - SA Danish loaner coming back.
If it was a WWII or Korean era Garand with original wood obviously I would leave it that way.
If they could have had the polymer stocks in WWII/Korea I'm sure they would have gone to that, have to consider functionality. But if I find a wood stock in fair shape at a really low price, I would go with that. Budget dictates right now. This will be a budget shooter M1, not a safe queen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top