Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2005 10:12:19 AM EDT
i am considering buying the Doav molle vest and was wondering if the straps can hold up to the weight of a heavy load. Being that of blackhawks molle vest or anyone elses. They say even if the snap comes off there is still little chance for the pouch to fall off.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:14:09 AM EDT
[#1]
the pals webbing on the vest will hold the weight of the pouches easily. and the straps on the pouches are also very reliable. i prefer malice clips and paracletes strap system over the molle snaps but thats a personel preference thing. there is a failure rate usually do to harsh treatment and sometimes a manufacturing defect.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:27:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, i just know sometimes i load my russian vests up pretty heavy when my friends and go shooting. Just got me thinking "how much could that little snap and a few loop arounds really hold up to!  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:10:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll assume you have never used MOLLE attachments and if you have forgive me...you actually weave the strap on the pouch through the loops on the vest and back through the loops on the pouch and so on.  IMHO they are as tight on the vest as the sewn pouches I've seen on non-MOLLE vests.

You should be fine...I'd worry more about poor manufacturing and sewing than the pouches coming loose.  THe BHI STRIKE gear should be fine.  Eagle Industries now has a MOLLE assualt vest that should be excellent...most Eagle stuff is.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 11:57:14 AM EDT
[#4]
to be honest i never have used molle gear! just wanted to inquire about it cause i carry some heavy loads sometimes. :) thanks for the input
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:47:53 PM EDT
[#5]
The MALICE synthetic clips are a pain in the ass to weave through the loops and to release, I like the Paraclete and snap straps better
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:14:08 AM EDT
[#6]
When we first got issued out MOLLE gear, some of us wondered how secure it really was. I just decided to unsnap  pouch and start shaking.  It was pretty damn secure.   I could have eventually gotten the pouch loose, but that would require more than enough force that you'd notice something was wrong.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top