Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2005 8:18:05 PM EDT
I just purchased this pack off Ebay for $23. And it arrived yesterday so I tried it on and took a few picts of it. It is the older model that is missing a few of the "newer" features.

Initial feelings: Looks well made. Lot's of pouches on the sides, but I would have preferred some sort of modular arrangement. Drain holes in every pouch. Some ALICE webbing on the front and the bottom of the pack.

Tie-down straps in the main compartment for organizing gear look nice. The pack is nice and deep, so I should be able to get a lot of gear in there. It is Hydrastorm compatible, and allows you to route the drink tube over either shoulder.

Picts!

The front of the Pack. I placed some pillows in the pack to "bulk" it up a bit. A full size pillow fits in the main compartment just fine, and a smaller pillow fits in the secondary compartment. You can use the buckles on the top of the pack to compress things down a bit. They also seem to secure the load from moving up and down.

The straps and back of the pack. There are D-rings on each shoulder strap, a strap that attaches across your sternum, and a waist belt. My pack did not come with the waist belt - hey, it was $23!

Bottom of the pack. There is a row of ALICE webbing on the bottom. This shot also shows some of the drain holes in each pouch.

This is one of the slots you can route the drink tube through. They are covered by a velcro patch - allowing you to secure the tube when you run it through the hole. It won't flop around behind you.

Side pouches. There are two long skinny pouches on the right side of the pack. They fit a OC or CS grenade OK, but are a little too deep. They are secured with buckles.

Inside the main compartment. Lot's of straps to secure your load. Nice feature.

Left side of the pack. The large pouch is a radio pouch- there is a cutout for the antenna. As long as the antenna is on the right side of the radio. The pouch fits a standard smoke grenade fine. The radio pouch secures with a buckle and velcro. The other pouch is another long skinny pouch.

Another shot of the front.

A shot of the radio pouch closed with the cutout for the antenna.

It also has a built-in jump harness that tucks away into two small pouches on the bottom of the pack.

Stats:
Weight 5.9 lbs.
Size: 20"x13.75"x6.75"
2500 ci including pockets.

You can add an internal frame kit for $20.

The current version of this pack include elastic inside the small pouches for pop flares, the main compartment opens all the way, and have the IVS back panel.

Overall, I think this is a great pack. It seems well built and has plenty of room. For $23 I really can't complain.

Av.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:02:59 PM EDT
[#1]
nice review. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:32:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks to be a direct knock-off of the OD London Bridge 3DAP as issued to, that I know for sure, 2/75. Maybe issued regiment wide, but mine came from 2nd Batt'. I have one sitting right here, and those "deep side pockets" are for starclusters/para flares.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:34:40 PM EDT
[#3]
the BHI Clone of the Eagle Airborne AIII which in itself is a not so direct clone of the  LBT ranger pack.

the small pockets on the sides are for popflare tubes and the radio pouch is for a SABRE radio.

this is indeed an older 'model' that is pre-IVS that gayfer padding that ostensibly aided in air circulation, when in actuality it aided in premature overheating.. but I digress.

this was a purpose designed pack that came about some 5-6 years before the initial fielding of the MOLLE system hence the NO modularity save for that small ALICE webbing bar.

its a bag and does the job the owner wants.  at 23 bucks, well you just cant complain.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:54:00 AM EDT
[#4]
You can add some kind of molle items on there if you can find someone to do it or do it yourself.  I have a old BHI 3 day assult pack that is a better bug out than my new hydrastorm cyclon due to how the zippers are located and the type of pockets.  When I get back from the desert going to try and add some webbing to it but I have to learn how to do it first
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top