Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2005 2:01:52 PM EDT
I didn't see this posted so I wanted to pass it on.

Betaco has officially announced they'll be coming out with the 7.62 Beta mag in 2006. The e-mail I got said they would have several mag towers available.

100rounds

loaded mag weighs over 10lbs.

I for one can't wait.

I'll have two please!

Don't have time to post a lik, but check out the Beta site or HKpro for more info.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:30:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Should sell well. I wish they would make a .22LR drum for the G3/91 .22 conversion.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:25:43 AM EDT
[#2]
A brand new 10-1/2 pound bundle of joy.  

betaco.com/newproducts.asp
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:34:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd like a 50 or a 75 alot more.  Isn't a ten pound loaded mag alot to hang from the magwell?  Not just for the person holding the weapon, but doesn't that put some stress on the weapon itself?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:47:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Totally impractical.  Well, maybe if you wanted to turn your rifle into a SAW-type configuration.

However, extremely cool.  I want one!    I like the innovation post-AWB!

Imagine a 51 with a sear and beta mag.  Whee.  Your shoulder/ass would hurt after that one, I bet.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:14:02 PM EDT
[#5]
It is just too damn heavy when fully loaded=10.5lb.  I personally think a 50rd Beta-C would do nicely!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:21:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It is just too damn heavy when fully loaded=10.5lb.  I personally think a 50rd Beta-C would do nicely!

Thats what god made bipods for.

I like the clear ones, myself.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:25:18 AM EDT
[#7]
That thing looks like a beast...but it'll fit perfect under my SG/1 clone.  I'm getting into rapid engagement long rang shooting (at least thats what i call it).  I try to run through about 200 rnds on 10 targets from ranges of 300yds to 800yds.  I shoot on coal piles so I have all the privacy I want.  As stupid as it sounds this would be the only time I'd use that drum...but it sure as hell would work like charm.  I hope they plan on reenforcing it a great deal.  Dropping it while loaded with 10lbs of 7.62 would sure enough crack that damn thing in half....
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:59:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Holy Shit!

OH well there goes even more money  

Gotta get one for the M1A and one for the PTR-91  I don't know if my shoulder can take it!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:36:24 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
That thing looks like a beast...but it'll fit perfect under my SG/1 clone.  I'm getting into rapid engagement long rang shooting (at least thats what i call it).  I try to run through about 200 rnds on 10 targets from ranges of 300yds to 800yds.  I shoot on coal piles so I have all the privacy I want.  As stupid as it sounds this would be the only time I'd use that drum...but it sure as hell would work like charm.  I hope they plan on reenforcing it a great deal.  Dropping it while loaded with 10lbs of 7.62 would sure enough crack that damn thing in half....

My 5.56 Beta always worked like a charm but seemed awful flimsy.

Don't mean to incur any wrath, I know it's not really "plastic," but it's something LIKE plastic.

No way I'd believe the 5.56 could take a 3 foot fall, certainly not one involving the feed tower.

I suspect the 7.62 is the same way.    
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:56:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:03:23 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats what god made bipods for.

I like the clear ones, myself.

HK agreed:

and I know some of y'all will disagree, but I've never had a problem wiuth a beta mag.  HAving said that, the rounds are heavier bulkier, e.g. more friction, more vibration, more chance for breakage than 100 varmint rounds (223!) but what're the odds of beta ruining its name by fielding something they haven't completely thought out.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:51:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Even though they're a PIA to load (and heavy), I've always liked these.

Kinda spendy though.

Dennis Todd had some of his "VIKING 70" drums at the Creek, and they do run well, but they're also BIG$$$.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top