Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2002 12:07:24 PM EDT
I recently sent Benelli USA an email regarding the availability of the M4 Super 90 here in the US, & here's their reply:

How are you today? I hope well. I just wanted to let you know that we recently made the M4 available to the public. It is a replica of the Military Version, although it doesn't have the same configurations. It is a commemorative edition with an American flag on the side to reflect the events of Sept 11. You may place an order for one at a dealer close to you. We should be receiving our first shipment around Fall.

I sent them a 2nd email requesting some details - namely if it will have a standard stock (Which I would personally prefer) or other mods to make it compliant. I'll post it on this thread when I get a response from them. No information has been posted on the Benelli USA site as of yet.

UPDATE: Cover your keyboards!

The "M1014 Commemorative Edition" will be distinguished by a laser-engraved US flag on the receiver. The basic config. is a non-adjustable skeleton stock w/a 4-shot feed tube. According to the poster at HKPRO, there will be options to swap in stocks like those for the M1/M3 series. The nice thing is, swapping in the standard/straight stock legally allows use of the optional 2-shot tube extension.

Sorry it took so long to get this info. I'd been checking Benelli's site regularly, but wound up finding the .pdf on HKPRO (which I also checked, only less frequently). Don't know why Benelli didn't respond to my last email, but I'm betting that their volume has increased due to the recent rumors of this models pending release. Also been kind of preoccupied dealing w/ the last minute details for my trip to Maui - to get hitched!

...Luckily, she's into fire sticks, too.
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 12:12:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Me want!... ME WANT!
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 1:22:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Still no response to my follow-up questions yet. BTT.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 7:34:47 PM EDT
[#3]
This sounds cool!  Post response when have!  Get a picture!
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 7:16:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 8:49:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, Wave.

Haven't gotten any reply as to whether a real, 7-shot feed tube + std./non-pistol stock would be an option. I'm guessing not, since this one is tagged as a "commemorative"-type model, its specs. will be fixed, & that, if regular/non-commemorative versions are released later, configs./options will be possible - I hope.
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 9:26:06 PM EDT
[#6]
The tube on the m1014 is 6 shot capacity, I'm faily sure you can use a mag extension from a m1 on it tho.

The stock is the only thing that concerns me... the Pistol grip stock would preclude the commemoative edition being sold in some states.

ITs inteesting that they say "Skelatonized" stock, I'm assuming theyre refferring to the collapsible thats been pinned in place... but one can't be sure... I would think that one would be able to get one with a standad stock tho, especially since such units are aleady for sale in Finland.

Now if you excuse me, I have to go toalk to my FFL.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 12:39:16 AM EDT
[#7]
If I can get Benelli to ship it with the standard  stock or without a stock at All I'll be picking it up (damn NJ assualt weapons law)
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 8:53:36 AM EDT
[#8]
BTT
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 7:29:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I think I might NEED one of these!
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 1:42:24 AM EDT
[#10]
In a thread from about a year ago, about the M4, we came upon a letter from BATF:

It stated that as long as the magazine held 5 rds or LESS, it was OK to have a pistol grip AND a telestock on a semiautomatic shotgun.

I have a hard copy of the letter that I printed.
It's a shame that the search function has been neutered.
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 6:55:49 AM EDT
[#11]
I want!!!!
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 8:19:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Master_Blaster, can you point me to the pdf on HKPRO?
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 10:44:11 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Master_Blaster, can you point me to the pdf on HKPRO?

Just got back from Maui last noc, still a little hung over/jet lagged, etc.

Looks like the .pdf file photo from the original poster was removed due to size restrictions. However, you can email him for a .pdf @ [email protected].
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 8:43:14 PM EDT
[#14]
These Are Being Shipped?

I just got this on my GunsAmerica Wishlist;

www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976276858.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top