Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2002 8:58:05 PM EDT
Found this on the web. Looks like a bunch of bull to me.

www.shottist.com/beltfed.html

Link Posted: 6/21/2002 9:04:43 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Found this on the web. Looks like a bunch of bull to me.

ROFLMAO.

Its probably BS, but its damn funny.

FOTBR
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 10:53:40 PM EDT
[#2]
How would they get the bullets to feed? They couldnt push themselves up into the chamber..
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 10:57:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Wouldn't the belt just get stuck in the ejector part  (if it could even feed)
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 11:59:01 PM EDT
[#4]
That's Hillarious!!!
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 3:52:57 AM EDT
[#5]

Would that make a 1911 a assault pistol!

But it is fuuny.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 8:14:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Supershooter's photo scares me. Hammer cocked and finger on the trigger? Is there a round in the chamber too?

At least he's not pointing at the poor guy behind him.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 9:16:17 AM EDT
[#7]
That is just plain silly.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 9:25:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm not even certain if the linked rounds are even stuffed in the mag well. Almost looks like the belt is in the guys hand with the .45 laying on top. Besides, the protrusion part of the link that snaps over the 7.62 rim extends way past the bottom of the frame.

Someone should forward this to the Brady/HCI types or Feinstein so they can hold a press conference and express their outrage.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 9:31:52 AM EDT
[#9]
It's a gag....

Scott

Link Posted: 6/22/2002 9:32:32 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
...Someone should forward this to the Brady/HCI types or Feinstein so they can hold a press conference and express their outrage.

Oh Yeah...Lets see if we can out-do the "Outrage & Horror" the Home-Boy Night Sights from Birdman generated... ;-)

(just make sure we have a good way to ridicule them for being taken in by another obvious hoax first)
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 9:35:07 AM EDT
[#11]
That 2nd photo says alot..
Too many donuts, not enough brains.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 9:54:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...Someone should forward this to the Brady/HCI types or Feinstein so they can hold a press conference and express their outrage.

Oh Yeah...Lets see if we can out-do the "Outrage & Horror" the Home-Boy Night Sights from Birdman generated... ;-)

(just make sure we have a good way to ridicule them for being taken in by another obvious hoax first)

... Or the Tromix "Turban Chaser".
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 3:54:00 PM EDT
[#13]
functional or not, that belt is in violation of the 94 crime bill. now where did i leave my ATF card
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 8:04:07 PM EDT
[#14]
From http://www.shottist.com/beltfed.html

"Amazingly enough there was not many things modified to make this gun work, Seamus made up what he calls an "articulating ejector" that feeds and strips the links as well as doing ejecting duties. This is device has a patent pending so I won't show any pictures of it, nor go into it's actions, lets just say that it works, and works flawlessly.

This gun looks BONE STOCK from the outside, nothing gives away what hides inside nor what it is capable of. Since we got it to work semi-auto, we decided to go a step further and make it, er.more "fun" Seamus scurried back to his corner and whipped up a fire control device for the ol' 45."

I am still having trouble figuring out how this 1911 can strip the belt link and eject it with the spent brass while feeding a new round into the barrel.  Given that ejection works with the slide traveling backwards and loadint a round into the barrel occurs with the slide moving forward, there is no way this could be functional.

From that site...
"One think I did notice was a number "3" on the rear sight as I looked at it in my firing stance..I pulled the trigger and 3 rounds fired out damn near touching each other on the target. Seamus reached up, grabbed the rear sight and turned it 90 degrees to the left..it said "2",I pressed the trigger.damn, 2 rounds neatly centered. Slowly I got the clue, the rear sight IS the fire control.options for 3 and 2 round burst, single shot and FULL AUTO are all controlled by twisting the sight. He somehow
made the sight to twist (sort of along the lines of the HK rifles) instead of different aperatures, it has different settings for the rounds to be fired!"

Wow, almost as cool as the whole belt fed concept, the guy has a fire control selector on the rear right that is dovetailed into the gun.  Even if the sight could pivot, you could only use it so sight when is was forwards or backwards, but NOT when it was turned to the side.  Note that there is no sighting groove running perpendicular to the gun, hence if rotated 90 degrees, the sight is not functional.

I really like the part about the patent pending, hence not showing us the details of ho the gun works.  What a convenient excuse.  You have to wonder if the smith was licensed such that he could legally built machine pistols.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 8:23:00 PM EDT
[#15]
OK guys this has to be a gag. Look close at the photos you will notice that the belt is being held in the hand not the magwell.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 9:05:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Anybody Wanna buy a bridge? My family own several and wants to sell them for the cash.......
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 6:11:03 AM EDT
[#17]

Supershooter's photo scares me. Hammer cocked and finger on the trigger? Is there a round in the chamber too?

At least he's not pointing at the poor guy behind him.

Caption:  This cabinet's charged with murder, robbery, armed robbery... it once broke a dude's jaw.  It had running shootouts with the police, and once tried to rape a moving cargo train!
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 6:25:47 AM EDT
[#18]

Who took the last Boston Creme!!
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 4:15:08 PM EDT
[#19]
"Put the doughnut down, and back away"

Link Posted: 6/23/2002 4:45:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Well, I had some M60 links and some 45acp lying around... and they do link... BUT, the way they have it linked in the pictures is backwards.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top