Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2010 3:05:52 PM EDT
I picked a 1873 Beaumont Vitali at an auction today in great condition. What would be a good price? I am trying to figure out how I did. You just don't see them around much.Also, any idea where to get the ammo?
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 3:14:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like you can get ammo here:
http://www.buffaloarms.com/browse.cfm/4,3885.html

I'd guess that if you want to shoot it much, you'll need to load it yourself.

-Mark
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 8:42:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I picked a 1873 Beaumont Vitali at an auction today in great condition. What would be a good price? I am trying to figure out how I did. You just don't see them around much.Also, any idea where to get the ammo?

Whatever you paid must've been a good price or you wouldn't have bought it.

Nobody can appraise a firearm that they can't even see. You don't offer any photos.....?  You don't offer a condition.
Why are you trying to figure out how you did? It's after the fact, over with, done deal. It's yours. You did fine.

Or... you got suckered like a fool on Hollywood Blvd on a friday night. They saw you coming and brought out the biggest piece o'junk they could find. And you bought it. Ha ha ha!!

Take your pick

Ammo for a Beaumont? ROTFLMAO.
You'll have to make your own. Luckily many have .457" bores so .45-70 cast bullets work out pretty good.
I believe cases are made from the ever useful .348 Winchester.

Interesting rifle. Comes up to the shoulder real nice, very comfortable. I have one.

Dutch
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 9:07:23 AM EDT
[#3]
here is a link to my gunboard post where I have posted pictures http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?168563-1873-Beaumont-Vitale
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:37:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I left you a reply at gunboards.

You did very good.

Dutch
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top