Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 3:03:23 PM EDT
Me beloved FAL:

What I would like: ( I love photoshop)

Century Arms R1A1(inch) Sporter with SG58 dust cover.  Not the most expensive or fancy FAL.  But it works very well and I love it.

However, it is fricking long.

1. Can the barrel be cut to 16", or even 15"(with then a 1"+ brake pressed on)?
2. Would that negatively affect the gas/piston system? In other words would the rifle still function fine?
3. Who would you suggest I contact to do the work?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:33:33 PM EDT
[#1]
If you cut the barrel down that short the gas port would have to be opened up a bit.  You can contact Moses on the FALFILES to do this sort of work.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:47:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I did the same thing on my FAL, sent it to AZEX ARMS the guy does perfect work.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:38:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If you cut the barrel down that short the gas port would have to be opened up a bit.  You can contact Moses on the FALFILES to do this sort of work.

Moses has done 5 Fal barrels for me.  All of them functioned fine from the first shot, Including my latest 14.5" bbl with a perm styer FH.   (she kicks a little)
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:59:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Moses has done 5 Fal barrels for me.  All of them functioned fine from the first shot, Including my latest 14.5" bbl with a perm styer FH.   (she kicks a little)

I shipped it to Moses yesterday.

I am also haveing him put on one of his Hurricane Flash Suppressors on it.  He recomended the barrel length to be 16.2".  So that is what I went with.

I will post pics when I get it back.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:25:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I took it one step further.  

I want a 13 incher next (with perm Browning FH for now)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top