Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2005 8:13:24 PM EDT
I am thinking about getting one of these in the near future, and know that DSArms.com has them for $225.  I was just wondering if any ARFCOM vendors sell these.  Also, is the Choate stock 10 inches or 11.25, and the standard A3 / A2 stock length.

Thanks-
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 5:36:08 AM EDT
[#1]
The B&T folding stock is kind of long.  Also the lack of a native sling attachment is annoying.  When I had mine I got an eyelet locking pin, but then since the HK sling uses a hook and a clip, that's not the whole solution either, the sling would need to have two hooks to work with the eyelet pin, unless you get a piece of paracord or something.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:57:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The B&T folding stock is kind of long.  Also the lack of a native sling attachment is annoying.  When I had mine I got an eyelet locking pin, but then since the HK sling uses a hook and a clip, that's not the whole solution either, the sling would need to have two hooks to work with the eyelet pin, unless you get a piece of paracord or something.

I think the short (10") stock that B&T makes for the MP5K is better. It has more sling attachment points, is the same length when open as an A2 stock, and does not have the sticky rubber butt pad.

If you buy the MP5 11.25" B&T stock AND the MP5K B&T (10") stock you can swap the folding buttstock portion, resell the resulting MP5K/11.25" version (which is a configuration they sell from the factory), and have a MP5/HK94 stock with the more desireable K-length buttstock. I emailed DSA suggesting they offer this configuration but their online catalog didn't show it last I checked.  Maybe they would do this for you as a custom job and save you the hassle.

FWIW I am 6'5" with long arms, I shoot the SW5 "SMG style" (mostly squared up to the target) with my weak hand grasping the mag well (or a VFG run almost all the way to the rear) and I prefer the short stock.

The shorter length buttstock allows you to use an eyelet attachment for one point, and a nearby stock sling point for the second. Works well.

Here's a pic of the LONG (11.25") stock:

And here's a pic of the SHORT (10") stock (note the additional sling attachment point on the bottom of the stock near the hinge).
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 11:44:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Hi Vandal,  Can you post a pic with the stock folded?  Can you shoot with the B&T stock folded?  Thanks
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:42:26 AM EDT
[#4]
As you can see I've been playing around with different optics/forend combinations.

Yes, it can be fired when folded, I have tested it. It looks like the spent cases might hit the stock but they don't.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:33:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Try these guys for the B&T

I've used them a bunch and had awesome service

www.talonarms.com
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:11:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Hi Vandal,  Thanks for the pic!  That's the 10" model right?  Is there any sling attachment for the folded stock?  Waht I mean is can you attach a sling on the folded weapon?  Thanks again!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:37:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hi Vandal,  Thanks for the pic!  That's the 10" model right?  Is there any sling attachment for the folded stock?  Waht I mean is can you attach a sling on the folded weapon?  Thanks again!

That is the 10".

If you are using the eyelet pin to secure the stock, then that gives you two attachment points -- the front eyelet near the hanger and the rear eyelet.

Another way to attach a sling would be to the stock eyelet pin on the left and the bottom sling attachment point, so it would make sort of an inverted U around the hinge area. It could then be hung from a shoulder I guess. If the screw on the stock is tight enough it won't unfold on its own when carried this way, but there is currently nothing that locks it in the folded position.

I use like the Blackhawk/CQD sling with the two HK hooks. It works with a couple different carry methods.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:21:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks Vandal!  I am consider getting one for my HK, would you prefer it over HK metal retractable stock?  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:11:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I like the "old school" look of the A3 stock but the BT stock is much more comfortable and solid.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:09:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks Vandal!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top