Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2016 7:15:31 PM EDT
If one was found that was transferable any reasonable guesses on the investment to own?....also is thier a data base that's listing how many are transferable?

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:39:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think there are more than a handful that are transferrable, $$$$$$$$$.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:42:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I thought there were 6ish, 5 or so regular, and the OD titanium owned by a member here. I recall him saying he was offered $125k for and turned it down.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:47:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If one was found that was transferable any reasonable guesses on the investment to own?....also is thier a data base that's listing how many are transferable?

View Quote

There are no Beretta  factory transferable 93Rs, although there are some Beretta presample imports.

The most common 93R Clone transferable guns out there are the half dozen or so Boatman/Bixler guns.  There are rumors of  some 92 conversions as well, although I have never seen one come up for sale.

My guess on pricing is that the aluminum Boatman/Bixler guns would be at least $100,000.  The pricing could vary so much as one comes up for sale every decade or so and there are no shortage of folks with deep pockets to fight over it.  That said, I wouldn't be shocked if one pulled double that.

The one titanium 93R Boatman/Bixler gun is probably $200,000 or more.   If you search the archives you can see it for yourself as a member here owns (or at least owned) it.

The ATF has a database for all NFA firearms.  However, its not publically available for folks to do searches.  Suffice to say, transferable 93R type guns are extremely rare.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:52:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I was told one was up for sale and with out even asking knew it was out of my budget,  but I thought none were transferable (research revealed some are) but how to know?  Will his paperwork say "transferable "?   75k seems far fetched for a pistol...lol
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:56:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
There are no Beretta  factory transferable 93Rs, although there are some Beretta presample imports.

The most common 93R Clone transferable guns out there are the half dozen or so Boatman/Bixler guns.  There are rumors of  some 92 conversions as well, although I have never seen one come up for sale.

My guess on pricing is that the aluminum Boatman/Bixler guns would be at least $100,000.  The pricing could vary so much as one comes up for sale every decade or so and there are no shortage of folks with deep pockets to fight over it.  That said, I wouldn't be shocked if one pulled double that.

The one titanium 93R Boatman/Bixler gun is probably $200,000 or more.   If you search the archives you can see it for yourself as a member here owns (or at least owned) it.

The ATF has a database for all NFA firearms.  However, its not publically available for folks to do searches.  Suffice to say, transferable 93R type guns are extremely rare.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Was typing when you replied....have to see if I can get pick to determine manufacturer. .was offered the opportunity to shoot...I think I'll take him up on that..lol

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 8:25:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I was told one was up for sale and with out even asking knew it was out of my budget,  but I thought none were transferable (research revealed some are) but how to know?  Will his paperwork say "transferable "?   75k seems far fetched for a pistol...lol
View Quote

$75K seems very "competitively" priced for a transferable given the market.   It wont surprise me if your IM inbox starts to fill with "who has it for sale" requests.  My guess is that pricetag is for a pre-86 import dealer sample or "keeper"

In regards to your question about transferable status.  The biggest give-a-way to its transferable status will be if an true individual currently owns it.  i.e. the F4 paperwork that transferred the gun to the current owner shows him as an individual and doesn't have an FFL/SOT license number on it.  Generally speaking (as there have been rare corner-case exceptions) if its a post sample an individual wont be in possession of it to sell.

If a dealer currently owns it and/or a former dealer currently owns it, its possible it could be a pre-86 import sample and/or a post sample.  More research would need to be done to confirm,  but in general dealer samples (post and pre) the paperwork should be stamped "Dealer Sample".  (however this isn't always the case as forms slip through without the restriction stamp)

If the gun is a factory Beretta 93R, than its not transferable.  The 93R didn't exist before 1968 and they were all made overseas, so it would either be a Pre-86  or a Post-86 dealer only import.

The Boatman/Bixler guns were made from 93R parts kits that Dave Boatman imported and receiver frames made in the US by Tim Bixler.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:14:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Great information thank you...he is an individual and not a dealer...

Ill see if I can get more info, and some pictures.   Sounds like if he is selling it I better get some range time soon before it's gone..

Thanks again to all of you for passing your knowledge along.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 12:07:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I thought there were 6ish, 5 or so regular, and the OD titanium owned by a member here. I recall him saying he was offered $125k for and turned it down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean this one?

My boss owns the Ti one. I think there are 6 others in the registry.

Link Posted: 2/29/2016 2:44:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I just witnessed the unicorn..........dang

You mean this one?

https://scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/11925836_178597592476104_1964685722_n.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/29/2016 4:45:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You mean this one?

https://scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/11925836_178597592476104_1964685722_n.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean this one?

That's a great shot...

Link Posted: 3/1/2016 1:16:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That's a great shot...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean this one?

That's a great shot...  

Thank you. I changed offices and have another lava lamp now.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 2:09:27 AM EDT
[#12]
The story Tim Bixler tells about making the transferable 93r guns is pretty funny. Apparently he had 1 pre 86 gun that he used to reverse engineer the frames from. He did not have any spare parts so what he would do would strip the pre86 gun's frame bare and send it back to Beretta and they would install all new parts. He did this a few times each time getting a new set of parts to complete the transferable frames to complete the guns. Beretta finally would not replace the parts and thus he could not make any more guns since the part sets at the time were just not available.

I still kick my ass today, when I bought one of his folding M-21 SMG guns and he offered one of the transferable 93r guns to me for $5K (this was back in the early 90s). I passed on the deal like a dummy but I was making a lot less money in those days and had recently bought my Stoner 63a so buying another  expensive machine gun was pushing my finances.  

Tim Bixler's machining is top notch. I still have 1 of his suppressors, unfortunately I sold of the folding SMG like a dummy to buy other machine guns.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 7:05:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Awesome story.
I passed on the deal and kicking my head everyday, too.... it was $25k at the time.
It seems like a bargain when you looking back.

Quoted:
The story Tim Bixler tells about making the transferable 93r guns is pretty funny. Apparently he had 1 pre 86 gun that he used to reverse engineer the frames from. He did not have any spare parts so what he would do would strip the pre86 gun's frame bare and send it back to Beretta and they would install all new parts. He did this a few times each time getting a new set of parts to complete the transferable frames to complete the guns. Beretta finally would not replace the parts and thus he could not make any more guns since the part sets at the time were just not available.

I still kick my ass today, when I bought one of his folding M-21 SMG guns and he offered one of the transferable 93r guns to me for $5K (this was back in the early 90s). I passed on the deal like a dummy but I was making a lot less money in those days and had recently bought my Stoner 63a so buying another  expensive machine gun was pushing my finances.  

Tim Bixler's machining is top notch. I still have 1 of his suppressors, unfortunately I sold of the folding SMG like a dummy to buy other machine guns.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/1/2016 7:43:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote
That's a great story,....."hay mind replacing my missing parts I seemed to have misplaced them.." x6.  That's pretty good customer service , that is till the 7th try.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top