Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2002 6:11:19 PM EDT
I have an upper assembly I'd like to barrel my self. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to loan me the barrel nut wrench, etc. so I can do this. I have a torque wrench and have read enough here to give it a try. I'll pay shipping both ways - I know this will be a one time deal so I don't want to buy the wrench and reciever block just to turn around and sell it. If you can help me out, drop me an email. Thanks!      
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 7:28:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I think for the price of shipping you should just buy one the basic wrench for yourself.  Having one is handy and you can loan it to friends who will want one at some point as well.  If you're near DPMS, CavArms, or ASA stop by and get one in person and avoid shipping.  Or just go to a local gun show and pic one up.  The cheap ones are like $15 and work, the nicer ones are i think $35 and work for more stuff on the gun.

From DPMS:
Basic model
http://www.shooterstore.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=90&Product_ID=6599&CATID=535
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 10:00:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/3/2002 4:41:27 AM EDT
[#3]
wessono,

if you are in Tucson, send me an Email, i have all the tools........

Link Posted: 8/3/2002 4:47:38 AM EDT
[#4]
If he lives in Az I doubt he is very close to DPMS.
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 1:16:03 PM EDT
[#5]
ProfessorEvil - thanks for the advice but I'm not anywhere near CavArms, ASA, and especially DPMS (only a few states away). As far picking one up a a local gunshow, the one time a year there's a gunshow where I live, you can go see the same old stuff that's been at the show for the last 10 years, and most of it doesn't even belong in a gunshow.....      
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 1:27:31 PM EDT
[#6]
What part of AZ are you in? Are you within a 1 hour drive to Phoenix area? Seriously, if you paid to have one shipped to you and shipping back it would probably cost you about $8 total say...for another $10-$15 you could own one. That one mentioned on the DPMS site is $16 I'm sure shipping is around $6-$7 or so. What happens if you ship it back and realize you need to adjust it or remove a barrel again? It's always best to buy the tools IMHO.

Good Luck...

John
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top