Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 5:22:52 PM EDT
I need some help. Im very new to the FAL world and i just traded one of my AR15 for  a Argentina FAL that was built into a Israeli FAL. I would like to build it back into its original Argentinian form. But I have no idea were to look to find Argentinian parts or even what they look like. Can someone point me in the right direction to get this started.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:54:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:33:03 PM EDT
[#2]
FALfiles
drop_zones link takes you to the old home page. It's tough to get anywhere from there.
I believe that Sarco still has some Argie barrels. Closed ear are easier to match parts to.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:02:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks a lot guys. I think im going to still look for a Argentina FAL Maybe i can find one that all the numbers match. Does anyone know how hard they are to find?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:28:27 AM EDT
[#4]
FALfiles FAQ Scroll down to: Argentina: mysterious, but don't cry for her!?
All Argies imported by SAC are post 89-90 ban.
Armscorp of America Silver Springs, Maryland are pre-89.
National Arms, marked on barrel, pre-89.
Read the files FAQ's to find all of the info available.

This one has been for sale for quite a while. About $1K too high IMO
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:24:14 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Wonder whats up with that Cat licking/biting? the end of the barrel?

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:49:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Does it look like a 100% original Argentina FAL? Im acually want one so bad ill pay a premium price.

Im kinda having trouble finding a picture of a original Argtintinian FAL
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:56:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wonder whats up with that Cat licking/biting? the end of the barrel?

I believe that's the rare Argentine one-shot cat suppressor can.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:27:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Shark, I tried to save that pic to get a better look at it but it wouldn't take. It looks like an Stg-58 flash hider and I've never heard of/seen an Argie with a wood butt. My guess is it's not original but anything is possible in the world of FAL.
There's another on that site that is claimed to be all matching numbers SAC import,which is possible. It would need the required US parts to be legal. The SAC guns were split, upper from lower, and sold as upper by one company, lower by another.
Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:50:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:56:14 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Does it look like a 100% original Argentina FAL? Im acually want one so bad ill pay a premium price.

Im kinda having trouble finding a picture of a original Argtintinian FAL

Ok time for me to chime in i guess, this is how a standard Argentinian FAL looks like.
i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/HUNTER223/Imagen031.jpg
i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/HUNTER223/Imagen032.jpg
i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/HUNTER223/Imagen121.jpg

FAL is Argentinian, I'm Argentinian, pictures were taken in, well, Argentina.
If you want anymore detailed pics just IM me and i'll take some for you.
Hope that helps.

HUNTER.

Thanks a lot this really helps.  That is a beatuful rifle i hope I can find one.

What part of Argentina if you don't mind me asking? my girlfriend is from Salta.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:00:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:25:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Man, I would love to have an all Argentine F A L. I have a Sistema Modelo 1927 and a Ballester Molina. Both of which are excellent firearms.

I do have an F A L that I built with an Argentine barrel and I have another unissued Argentine barrel to replace the first if I am lucky enough to wear it out.

HUNTER, that looks to be a fine example of an F A L.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:20:24 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Ok time for me to chime in i guess, this is how a standard Argentinian FAL looks like.

HUNTER.

Is that an "issue" weapon or your own?
Is the lower receiver a forged one-piece unit?
If its yours, is it semi-auto only?
If its semi-auto, does it have the extra auto-sear blocking cross pin in the front of the lower?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top