Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2002 7:19:32 PM EDT
What options are there for replacement upper/upgrades for the AR-15?  What I'm referring to is an upper like the ZM weapons/ Olympic Arms OA-93 that uses an improved gas system, and a different handguard setup.  Don't get me wrong, the AR15 is a tried and true system with many years of reliable service, it seems that other system, some dating back 30 years have progressed beyond the technology used in the AR-15.  
(Please do not send me hate mail with accusations of heracy)
Has anyone come up with an affordable upper receiver upgrade for the AR I haven't seen?  (I have been very busy these last few months)

I'm looking for an upper with the following features:
A:     AK47 or AR-18 style gas system (with a piston actually separate from the BC)
B:     Easily removable barrel that doesn't require a qualified armorer to install and remove.
C:     Free float handguard that doesn't require a qualified armorer to install and remove.
D:    Hardpoints on the handguard much like the HK 36 / HK UMP
E:     Hard anodized aluminum upper receiver with weaver rail
F:     Chrome lined barrel and bore

Is there anything like this that can be purchased for less than an arm and a leg that's  made by a respectable manufacturer known for reliability and quality control?
Thanks
Tex78
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top