Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2011 9:49:15 AM EDT
Wife is looking for a lever action for cowboy shoots. Wanting a 45LC or .357

I found this Chiappa 1892 "Rio Bravo" Carbine at local gunshot, USED for $550. Finish looked good from what I could tell, and price was negotiable (not sure how much though)

Worth getting or look into a Marlin, Winchester, …….

Link Posted: 8/26/2011 10:02:40 AM EDT
[#1]
they are on the poo poo list around here with the tin foil crowd. Have RFID chips in their products. In general, Italian products have a good reputation for old western type firearms. THeir Rhino pistol looks very well made. Have no idea of their lever guns but their product line is extensive and continues to grow. Would appear to speak well of their products on its surface. Latest Marlin products have questionable QA/QC issues rfom what i've read here on the boards...
Link Posted: 8/26/2011 10:09:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
they are on the poo poo list around here with the tin foil crowd. Have RFID chips in their products. In general, Italian products have a good reputation for old western type firearms. THeir Rhino pistol looks very well made. Have no idea of their lever guns but their product line is extensive and continues to grow. Would appear to speak well of their products on its surface. Latest Marlin products have questionable QA/QC issues rfom what i've read here on the boards...

Ok.. whats RFID?

so I wonder whats the company  go for if wanting to stay around $550

A sales guy at another gunstore told us last night to skip over the Mossberg 464 and get a Marlin instead. He said better resale value in the future and better gun overall...
Link Posted: 8/26/2011 11:56:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/26/2011 12:05:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Interesting , so is that on all of them? And how do I find out if it's this rifle. It's used and not sure when it was traded in.
Besides that, is the firearm of good quality? And worth $500ish
Link Posted: 8/26/2011 12:12:40 PM EDT
[#5]
They're junk, made of sub-par material.

Next question?
Link Posted: 8/26/2011 2:14:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Old saying holds true.  You get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 8/27/2011 7:49:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They're junk, made of sub-par material.
Next question?

Yep. My Chiappa 1911-22 got fucked up around the 2000 round mark. The trigger stopped resetting and the breech face of the slide was eroded out. Shit company with shit products.
Link Posted: 8/27/2011 3:18:16 PM EDT
[#8]
WOW

We are gonna skip the Chiappa, found a NEW Marlin in .357 for $560 OTD

Going with that instead
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 9:10:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Do all those comments also apply to Uberti products, as well?  Aren't they the same maker with different product names?
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 3:50:37 PM EDT
[#10]
just microwave the part
Link Posted: 9/8/2011 5:15:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Cimarron sells Uberti if that says anything. In general Uberti is a good replcia.  I looked at Chip too but decided a Browning was worth the extra $$ as well as not having to worry about the qaulity.
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 5:51:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Cimarron sells Uberti if that says anything. In general Uberti is a good replcia.  I looked at Chip too but decided a Browning was worth the extra $$ as well as not having to worry about the qaulity.

They have some high end guns, the Model 86 (I think they call it a Kodiak) is about as nice as they get. It runs about $1400 and the quality is exceptional.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top