Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2009 3:09:31 PM EDT
Don't want a red dot, sling is off for pic.

What says ye' ARFCOM?
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 3:11:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good to me,

maybe some 00 buckshot and slugs.
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 3:14:13 PM EDT
[#2]
ammo
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 3:14:17 PM EDT
[#3]
a light - if it's for self-defense
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 3:15:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Okay I will get some more ammo.
As for a light, we'll see.
Anything else?
Any SuperNova/Nova owners who have found 00 that patterns well in theirs?
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 3:36:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Not really a defense gun, well, kind of is. It's more my deer gun (Yes you heard me right, i deer hunt with it). Have the extension on when not in hunting season and use that extension when i'm fun shooting.
It is my multi purpose gun, i guess you could say.
DOUBLETAP
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 4:31:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Light and ammo (enough good stuff for three full mags - then buy what ever)
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 5:36:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Definitely a light.  And then find enough ammo to go pattern out what works best for you.
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 6:26:01 PM EDT
[#8]
What do you guys think of sight paint?

Yes?

No?

Standard rifle sights as you can see. The only kind i like
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 6:42:05 PM EDT
[#9]
A light and call it done.

I was really thinking about the Supernova with ghost rings for a short range deer gun/ home defense shotgun.
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 7:00:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Buddy of mine has gold paint (from a gold paint pen) on the front sight post of his Nova w/rifle sights.  It works great!  Not too distracting like white, not flashy like yellow or orange.  You only really see it when you're looking down the sights.

Leave that thing like it is unless you plan on using it for HD.  It's light and handy.  If it's a HD weapon, consider a light.

I have a FN TPS with all sorts of crap hanging off of it, but I really want to get a Nova or SuperNova as a "light and handy" weapon.  With the EOTech on the TPS though, I can make slug holes touch each other at 25 yards while standing.  It's not even hard.  That, and the extra weight helps with recoil.  I can shoot that thing all day.  My buddy's Nova, not so much.
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 7:01:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
A light and call it done.

I was really thinking about the Supernova with ghost rings for a short range deer gun/ home defense shotgun.

I have ghost rings on my TPS and I'd prefer the rifle sights if I didn't have an EOTech mounted on it.  They're quicker, and you don't need the precision of ghost rings on a shotgun.

As BUIS for the EOTech though, they're great.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 12:07:08 PM EDT
[#12]
It is my go to defense gun but i use it for everything else too...

It's an EVERYTHING gun for me..
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 12:43:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Hitman, I've got the same shotgun and love it. I really like the rifle sights. I added a bit of orange paint to the front to get it to stand out a bit. Have you come up with a good solution to mounting a light? I have a G2 that fits perfectly in the recess in the forearm, but I can't for the life of me come up with a clean way to mount it. There just isn't a whole lot of clearance on the inside to mount a rail. I really don't want to hang anything off the barrel, 'cause I would need gorilla arms to activate it. Any ideas?
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 12:48:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hitman, I've got the same shotgun and love it. I really like the rifle sights. I added a bit of orange paint to the front to get it to stand out a bit. Have you come up with a good solution to mounting a light? I have a G2 that fits perfectly in the recess in the forearm, but I can't for the life of me come up with a clean way to mount it. There just isn't a whole lot of clearance on the inside to mount a rail. I really don't want to hang anything off the barrel, 'cause I would need gorilla arms to activate it. Any ideas?

This has worked very well for me. It should mount perfectly on any magazine tube. I have pumped a few 3.5" magnum loads and a few rounds of 2.75" through my 870 and so far no problems with the mount or it coming loose.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 1:00:12 PM EDT
[#15]
That would probably work, but for I would have to add and extended tube. That would be fine, but it would place the light pretty far out. The forearm covers almost the entire mag tube, precluding mounting anything within reasonable grasping distance. I know I'm being real anal about it, but I just don't want to hang anything off of it that takes away from the sleekness of the design.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 1:00:59 PM EDT
[#16]
HoseDraggar, What kind of paint and is it as bright as lets say, Blaze orange ?
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 1:05:58 PM EDT
[#17]
It's PlastiCote hobby paint from wallyworld, and yes, it's basically road cone orange.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 1:12:40 PM EDT
[#18]
And it has worked great for you?
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 2:03:40 PM EDT
[#19]
It makes the front stand out really well. At least for my eyes, it works well against different backgrounds. Just get a few different colors, and see which ones you like. A little acetone or carb cleaner should clean it right off if you don't like it. I was going to paint the rear a different color, but so far just having the front done is working well.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 2:08:43 PM EDT
[#20]
How do you like the stock pouch? Does it fit well, and is there any provision for a top sling mount?
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 2:37:31 PM EDT
[#21]
I just use the standard sling studs. I have a standard "Normal" sling i guess you could say. More convenient for hunting.

Pouch is Awesome. Can hold 5 shells on the outside as you can see, and the zipper pouch is quite cavernous, believe it or not!

It wraps around the entire stock (Bottom is just the Velcro straps) and the other side is just soft padding.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:57:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
That would probably work, but for I would have to add and extended tube. That would be fine, but it would place the light pretty far out. The forearm covers almost the entire mag tube, precluding mounting anything within reasonable grasping distance. I know I'm being real anal about it, but I just don't want to hang anything off of it that takes away from the sleekness of the design.

I have an extension on my shotgun and the light and mount is almost flush with the base end of the extension (just a little beyond where my hand rests). You can put the light at 9, 6, or 3 o'clock. Don't forget that most tac-lights can use a pressure switch, eliminating the need to reach out and click the light on.

Remember, its not a fashion show. Looks shouldn't outweigh functionality of the weapon. If a light makes the gun look "ugly" to you then that's fine, but it will be a bitch trying to kill the thug that wants to kill you and/or your loved ones in the middle of the night when you cant see anything.

If you want that gun to stay sleek looking, then don't do anything to it. Invest another $400 on a 870 or mossy equal, flashlight, mount, and extension.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 8:59:02 PM EDT
[#23]
I understand that functionality outweighs looks. I will probably have to go with an extension and mount the light out there. Take a look at the Supernova though, a light on the extension will be further out than on a Mossy or an 870. As to the remote switch, that just seems like a bad idea on a pump. It's just one more thing to snag on something. I was really just wondering if someone had come up with a really ingenious way to put a light on the forearm. A rail mounted light would be great, but due to the design of the forearm, it's almost impossible to put one on there so that the light is in a good spot and pointed parallel to the bore.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 2:17:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I understand that functionality outweighs looks. I will probably have to go with an extension and mount the light out there. Take a look at the Supernova though, a light on the extension will be further out than on a Mossy or an 870. As to the remote switch, that just seems like a bad idea on a pump. It's just one more thing to snag on something. I was really just wondering if someone had come up with a really ingenious way to put a light on the forearm. A rail mounted light would be great, but due to the design of the forearm, it's almost impossible to put one on there so that the light is in a good spot and pointed parallel to the bore.

A short rail and a few screws can be mounted to your grip... Or you can buy a grip with the rails already on it. I believe CAA makes one, not sure if it will fit benelli
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 2:19:38 PM EDT
[#25]
My next addition will be some road cone orange on the front sight.

I have a feeling i will like it a lot.

HoseDraggar, could you post a pic possibly? Would be appreciated much
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 2:43:35 PM EDT
[#26]
You need a bayonet, and a skull crusher buttplate, then your good.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 3:19:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Hendricks, If you get a chance, take a look at the Benelli, the forearm is totally different than say a Mossy or an 870. The only place to mount a rail makes for an awkward location. I have an idea to make a mount. I should have the supplies by the weekend. I'll post pics when I get it made.

Hitman, I'll try to get a few pics posted of the front sight by tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 3:31:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Sounds good.

- I will agree that the forearm is completely different from your 870 or Mossberg
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 3:32:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Hendricks, If you get a chance, take a look at the Benelli, the forearm is totally different than say a Mossy or an 870. The only place to mount a rail makes for an awkward location. I have an idea to make a mount. I should have the supplies by the weekend. I'll post pics when I get it made.

Hitman, I'll try to get a few pics posted of the front sight by tomorrow.

Yep, that's the only thing I don't like about Benelli. They make their guns look space age and it makes it harder to add stuff.

You could use a pressure switch or not use one and just turn the light on manually before you go clearing your house. What ever works, go with it
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:45:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Here's some pics of mine with the painted front sight. I'll see if I can get the mount for the light done over the weekend and show you guys if it turns out ok. Light mounting difficulties aside, I really like this shotgun. I also had a 590, but stuff came up and one had to go. I kept going back and forth on which one to keep, but a guy I work with wanted the Mossy, so he made up my mind for me. So far I'm glad it worked out that way.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:20:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Are those bean bag rounds?

Nice looking gun btw
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:29:22 PM EDT
[#32]
That front sight is awesome! I will definitely have to do that.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:59:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Nope, Federal 00 buck and Brenneke KO slugs. Just that little bit of paint works wonders.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top