Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2002 12:57:21 PM EDT
I am contemplating spending $90 on a galco IWB concealment holster in horsehide from Magills.com. It will be for my new USP45c that I will be picking up friday after work. This is my first handgun purchase, I just turned 21 on the 5th. I will actually be working only a half day on friday so as I can spend a few hours shooting and go apply for my CCW. But back to the subject........Is this a comfortable holster? Is it worth $30 more than the regular cowhide? Any thoughts at all? All help will be greatky appreciated. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 1:01:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I had an original NSA holster for my 1911, carried concealed with that daily. it was my favorite holster. It was very comfortable. Unfortunately it got misplaced during a move. I have no problems with galco.

Eagle1911
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 2:13:27 PM EDT
[#2]
If you're referring to Galco's Royal Guard or Summer Comfort I would say don't. Not because either holster is unusable or uncomfortable but because there are much better holsters especially for $90. If you are looking for that style of holster don't mess around with the Galco. Call up Milt Sparks and order the original Summer Special or another one of Sparks high quality IWBs. The Summer Special is far superior to any Galco product and is about $30 less. Galco's stuff is good in a pinch but the Royal Guard design fails to achieve what the Summer Special does so well.

As far as comfort goes it’s largely dependent upon the person and their specific build. Some people love IWBs, my self included, and some people hate ’em. I have worn a full size 1911 16+ hours a day in an IWB holster for years and can tell you that it’s my favorite way to carry a handgun. You’ll probably need to experiment with different holster styles before you find one you truly love.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top