Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2015 11:07:40 PM EDT
I'm in the process of planning a 590A1 build.  I'm going with the Magpul stock and forend.  I already have an IWC mount for a scout light and a 60% off Surefire coupon so I can get a scout light for $120-150 depending on the model I choose.  I am also looking at the Haley Strategic Inforce 200 lumen light.  It's $119.  So it's a toss up price wise.

Anyone got pics of similar setups?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:21:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Is any light mounted on the forend similar?

Short run of rail, Insight M3X light, and I was good to go. The only difference is that the forward sling point is not on the forend anymore (on the adapter that replaced the magazine clamp).

I'm happy with it, being it is in a good location no matter which hand I'm shooting with (with the left hand up front, trigger finger activates it; with right hand, thumb activates). Does what I need, and I can take the light off easily, if need be to use on a pistol.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:04:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a spare TLR-1 that I don't have dedicated for anything.  It will probably be utilized until I can get the light thy I want.  I have a spare IWC mount for a scout light and a coupon for Surefire that brings the price down to $120, same as the Inforce.

I want a more streamlined setup than a bulky pistol light.  I also want a push button vs a toggle switch.  The scout would be a more streamlined setup, but the push button on the Inforce would be easier to activate and less like to cause pain during use.

Unrelated.  What brand of sights are those?  They look like pistol sights which work way better than the buckhorn style factory rifle sights.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:48:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I want a more streamlined setup than a bulky pistol light.  I also want a push button vs a toggle switch.  The scout would be a more streamlined setup, but the push button on the Inforce would be easier to activate and less like to cause pain during use.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have one on my AR. They work, but consider how high above the barrel it is before going that route. It may stick out to the side, but I find it less of a hindrance than hanging high off the profile of the gun. In that way, more easier to get caught on something (if you notice, I have it opposite from my sling; ideally, it would be easier to use on left side with my left thumb... but that is something I had to work around).

I prefer the toggle, as it works similar to push button in that role. Momentary, go one way, and release to shut down. Constant, flip the opposite way. Same if I use my off-hand, as my thumb will activate it.

Quoted:
Unrelated.  What brand of sights are those?  They look like pistol sights which work way better than the buckhorn style factory rifle sights.

Trijicon night sights... for Remington rifle sights (RE01).
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:22:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:49:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I imagine the IWC mount that I already have laying around would put the tailcap of a scout light in a similar location, although maybe a little lower and closer to the barrel.

I would rather have the shadow cast to the side or bottom of the gun vs cast upwards like the surefire weapon light forend.  The good news is I discovered that I have coworkers with scout lights and Inforce lights.  So I can test both setups before I buy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top