Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2008 10:17:31 AM EDT
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=115522807

Found this on the GunBroker.  Only reason I'm interested in it is it's local to me.  Actually, about a half mile from where I work.  Any input?
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 10:56:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=115522807

Found this on the GunBroker.  Only reason I'm interested in it is it's local to me.  Actually, about a half mile from where I work.  Any input?

That's an excellent rifle, depending upon how many rounds down the tube.  Seller appears to be claiming its new.  The action is a McBros's-fisher.  It's a very solid and accurate action but it is a shellholder meaning you pull out the bolt, slide a round on the bolthead, and put the bolt/round assembly back in the action.

The gun looks like a very nice build for the price.  Fedderson makes excellent 50 BMG barrels and the twist is the correct twist and optimal length.  The McBros Fisher action is solid, although not quite as desirable as a McBros Bolt action (non-shellholder) as its a little slower to load.  The trigger is what lots of my McBros-shooting match buddies are shooting.

At the stated weight, the gun easily makes FCSA light gun with any scope and ring combo I can imagine, even with the bipod attached.  You can shoot every class of competition there is with this gun.  When the seller says "Minimum Spec" chamber, I expect he means you need to turn the brass necks for your handloads for this gun.  I'd clarify with the seller as you may not be able to shoot mil-spec or surplus ammo in this gun.  That wouldn't be a deal killer in my book but might depending upon your personal mission for it.  Regardless of the chamber, you can handload milsurp BULLETS in it.  You just might have to turn the brass necks first.

Buy-Now price looks good.  If you want a precision 50 and don't mind a shellholder, this looks like a very good deal to me.  And if you decide you don't like the stock, Tom Manners (Manners Composite stocks) can build you up a fiberglass one to your specs for this action.

-David
Edgewood, NM
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:05:23 PM EDT
[#2]
the only thing i dont like is the shell holder bolt.price seems a little steep.if it was a bolt action it would be sweet
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top