Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2003 7:26:39 PM EDT
If you have replaced it, have you fired the rifle at night?  IS there a significant difference in flash suppression by the phantom, is it the same or perhaps even worse?
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 12:01:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I replaced mine w/a Smith Enterprise Vortex FH and it works great on flash reduction & muzzle climb on FA. I'm not sure what the 'Phantom' does or even what it looks like.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 4:24:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Phantom M14 flash supressor?  Not seen or heard of one.  I have the USGI Vortex on my shorty:

Top to bottom:  Vortex, M14, faux Vortex.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 5:18:34 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Phantom M14 flash supressor?  Not seen or heard of one.  I have the USGI Vortex on my shorty:
www.hunt101.com/img/062461.jpg
Top to bottom:  Vortex, M14, faux Vortex.

-- Chuck

my mistake.  I ment the vortex
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 5:40:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't own one in .308, but I know I didn't like the Vortex after the prongs bent on it.

I prefer the Ruggedness of the USGI birdcage over the extra flash supression.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top