Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2008 9:15:21 PM EDT
Anyone Know When the ACR is coming out? and will Bushmaster Completely Screw up the Magpul Design?
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 10:32:39 AM EDT
[#1]
ACR UPDATE

We continue to receive numerous calls from customers as to the status of the new Bushmaster ACR platform that we partnered with Magpul to bring to market. In an effort to try to keep all of our customers up to date – Bushmaster is happy to provide the following information:

Based upon the current level of production here at Bushmaster, and a number of military related projects – the Commercial version of the ACR originally slated for later in 2008, is currently being slated for a Q1 2009 release to the consumer markets. This allows us to continue our focus of preparing the ACR for initial Law Enforcement and Military demos, tests and evaluations which we are scheduling at this time. If your agency or unit has not yet had the chance to schedule a demonstration for this summer, and would like to – please send a note to [email protected].

In the meantime – the ACR will available to be seen in Booth 742 at the NRA show this weekend in Louisville for those consumers attending. We will endeavor to provide a new update on the release of the consumer versions of this exciting new rifle platform in late summer. As always, we appreciate your interest in Bushmaster, and loyalty to our brand.

Team Bushmaster

Straight from bushmaster's website
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 10:43:22 AM EDT
[#2]
This is the AR15 discussions not the ACR discussions.
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 11:19:00 AM EDT
[#3]
i have no clue, i can only guess at SHOT show 09 should be pretty close

i would say theres a decent chance of BM messing somthing up.
im thinking they offer it with a 1:9 twist barrel at 1699

Link Posted: 5/28/2008 11:22:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Heard a Rumor that the Magpull guy was pretty pissed at Bushmaster while at the NRA convention in Louisville recently.
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 11:27:00 AM EDT
[#5]
2 weeks hope

Link Posted: 5/28/2008 12:02:26 PM EDT
[#6]
When I hear first quarter 09 I decided to get a VZ-58 with what I was saving.  Stimulus check is going to the MSAR 9mm AUG in August.  I'll still have plenty oftime to pinch pennies to ppend on the SCAR or Masada next year.

$1700 seems high though but I imagine the SCAR L will be at least 2K after seeing the FS2000 and PS90.
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 1:27:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

$1700 seems high though but I imagine the SCAR L will be at least 2K after seeing the FS2000 and PS90.

I was quoted A $1,500.00 MSRP at the NRA Show. I don't expect a folding stock for that price however.
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 1:57:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Holy crap dupe from the industry threads. And the dust is just barely settled from those.
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 2:00:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Bushmaster screwing it up?

My money says Bushy will be ready to go, but have to wait 12-24 months on MagPul supplied parts.  
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 2:02:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Bushmaster has never been punctual about anything and about as on time as my wife. But, I guess that makes up for the history of lousy quality.

Therefore based upon that info, I wouldn't hold your breath for the next 3 or 4 years.
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 3:59:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
2 weeks

No really I don't know but I couldn't resist.  I hope to see it on the market soon as well

damn ya beat  me
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 4:07:17 PM EDT
[#12]
The ACR will be available in a special "battlepack", bundled with the hit upcoming title "Duke Nukem Forever"
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 4:34:03 PM EDT
[#13]
height=8
Quoted:
The ACR will be available in a special "battlepack", bundled with the hit upcoming title "Duke Nukem Forever"

+1
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 4:51:10 PM EDT
[#14]
"Duke Nukem Forever", the greatest hoax ever pulled on the gaming community.
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 4:59:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 5:02:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Get over this thing already. Next decade I might start looking into one when they
finalize one for production, but that will probably be at the end of the next decade.
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 6:32:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 6:33:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:28:06 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm sorry you magpul guys have to put up with this crap. I also hope you can laugh it off.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:40:19 PM EDT
[#20]
We will have a full on AWB before these manufactures get off their asses and get their rifle's to market. So don't worrie it will be banned before you get a chance to buy it so just get an XCR or high end AR or AK.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 2:58:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:14:16 AM EDT
[#22]
I spent my ACR money this past week on AR parts.  You can't buy what is not there.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:34:29 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
We will have a full on AWB before these manufactures get off their asses and get their rifle's to market. So don't worrie it will be banned before you get a chance to buy it so just get an XCR or high end AR or AK.

I bet the rifle companies are banking on a mad dash to buy up before the coming AWB.   2009 is a perfect time to bring a new weapon to market.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:53:13 AM EDT
[#24]
i asked a magpul guy the other day and he said "i dont have any information for you"

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:45:57 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
i asked a magpul guy the other day and he said "i dont have any information for you"

usually you get one of these

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:10:11 AM EDT
[#26]
I was hoping to have an ACR in front of me this summer to see if the final version was something I wanted to buy

Once the delay was announced I decided to get an XCR, which was purchased this weekend.  I'm content with my purchase. Its a very solid carbine

And to be honest I have concerns about bushmaster due to two carbines I owned that just weren't that good. The omission of the folding stock was also a point of concern

I will revisit the ACR when I see one in real life. I won't be following news and rumors till then
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 1:24:37 PM EDT
[#27]
It's hard to say at this point for certain what the ACR will come out as production wise of course and I share the same concerns as you do I think.  The specs have all been laid out by Magpul, and Magpul has sought assurances I'm sure that those specs can and will be met along with a  high level of quality control.  I doubt seriously that Magpul would want to take more chances than necessary or operate out of purely good faith that Bushmaster wouldn't make serious production errors on what is Magpuls first rifle design to go into production.

Only time will tell though.  Bushmaster certainly has a lot to prove to me as I feel their ability to make milspec ARs in the past has been lacking to say the least. I've looked over the Magpul design and thought about until my head hurts and it looks like a solid and simple design. So should production go alright and QC is good it should be worth the money and effort to purchase one.

As for date...who knows? Has anyone here seen a rifle brought to market on schedule?  I mean I understand the issue of the evil Obama and Dem Congress unchecked lurking has people on edge, but other than that it wont kill us to have to wait.  As long as they get the rifle out before the end of Spring 09' I think we'll be in the clear.

The questions I have as to date, that nobody will answer over at Bushmaster, is whether they plan to go to LEO and MIL first now.  At SHOT Show everyone was saying very clearly that it would be civilian first, and now I'm hearing things coming from various folks that LEO and MIL are going to go first. I know Bushmaster is already looking for LEO contracts. I'm going to assume that civilians take first, but like I said I'm not sure.

If they don't go to retailers first with the rifles and go to LEOs then that could push back things a bit. So let's hope that's not the case.

Ok, and now I'll sit back and wait for the Bushmaster cult to flame me...this should be good.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 1:28:43 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was quoted A $1,500.00 MSRP at the NRA Show. I don't expect a folding stock for that price however.

That's the whole shabang folding stock and all from what I've been told.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 2:05:33 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Press said SOCOM/Army pays $2200 for A SCAR L with 3 uppers, 10 Mags, and a suppressor.   I think they can do better than $1500.

$1700 for the ACR seems high to not get at least a folding stock, there competition which is the SCAR will come standard with the folder at least.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:02:23 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Press said SOCOM/Army pays $2200 for A SCAR L with 3 uppers, 10 Mags, and a suppressor.   I think they can do better than $1500.

$1700 for the ACR seems high to not get at least a folding stock, there competition which is the SCAR will come standard with the folder at least.

I'm sorry I made a mistake and I would like to correct it. (Yeah, I make mistakes)

The ACR "standard" is the lowest cost of the various configuration/options of the ACR series and it comes with a fixed stock. They've got some nice options you get and custom it of course, but the regular ACR comes with a fixed stock.

The SCAR L price I"ve heard a few floated over the past few months now, BUT the offical statement straight from the horses mouth says MSRP not yet available at this time. All that I have been told officially is that the price will be competitive with rifles of similiar caliber.  The SCAR L will come standard with it's six-position/folding stock though, but will only be available at first in Tan. Front and rear sight are also coming standard so you get a pretty cool set-up ready to shoot out of the box.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top