Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2002 2:14:15 PM EDT
pre-ban upper laying around ?

i need a complete upper assy. M4, 16", i belive they are all 1-7 twist, so that is not a problem, it's gotta have all the evil features, NIB a plus !!

next question, if i remove the upper assy. from my NIB pre-ban Colt & install this above mentioned upper assy. & shoot it, remove the 16" upper & replace the 20" upper..., is my Colt pre-ban still considered NIB..????

Link Posted: 6/17/2002 2:52:12 PM EDT
[#1]

next question, if i remove the upper assy. from my NIB pre-ban Colt & install this above mentioned upper assy. & shoot it, remove the 16" upper & replace the 20" upper..., is my Colt pre-ban still considered NIB..????

Not in my opinion,  would maybe be LNIB (LikeNewInBox)

Still a nice rifle though.

Get a new upper and barrel it or get a complete one.

SAW Sales is not cheap, but it is usually instock and in Az. 8^)

CJ,  I just sent you an email and pics re: a Complete Colt Preban FS in Tucson.

Regards

Biggame223

Out
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 2:58:53 PM EDT
[#2]
If it is from a private party, I never consider it NIB.

If you shoot the lower, only a trained eye would be able to tell.

If you want to keep it new in box, go buy a Post ban to shoot the crap out of.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 5:20:56 PM EDT
[#3]
There is no such thing as a "spare" colt!  One can never have enough.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 6:21:06 PM EDT
[#4]
there were 2 new pre-ban Colt M4 uppers for sale in the EE in the last week.....one was offered by francis and the other by PrideBoss....do a search and see if they are still there
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 7:37:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Cactus Jack- Umm, I think I know of one.. not NIB, but fired little.. I'll ask if he's willing to part with it..

Meplat-
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 8:49:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Biggame,
thanx, i'll thynk about it, i usually want Colts in full pre-ban status, i got a late model Colt NIB that don't havt the bayo lug & does have the block, it is officially my wifes rifle, so it is untouchable as for sale or trade......

FT1,
i wud consider the lower used, as it had to have a magizine inserted to fire the upper, it was just an opinion question, i do have post ban Bushy that i just shoot the crap out of, it's the AK style, gerat lyttle gun, shoots great & never any trouble....

2WhiskeyP,
you are so right, but my biggest problem i have is never having enuff money to even come close to having too many Colts or ARs

btdrygulch,
thanx, i'll go back there & take a look...

Meplat, yes !! & get a price & a photo if possible......, thanx !
Top Top