Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2002 10:39:48 AM EDT
An Armalite .50cal.   I am thinking of picking up one since I read the possible banning of all .50 (thanks for the thread from yesterday). I am a lefty and if I get a bolt operated .50 it will need to be an Armalite, unless you all know of anyone else that makes a lefty version.  Also if you have any experience with .50 cal please give me your honest opinion on which brand would be best.  Thanks....

Link Posted: 8/1/2002 10:43:29 AM EDT
[#1]
DON'T GET A HESSE!
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 10:46:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks PINGi3, I will take your advice.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 11:20:47 AM EDT
[#3]
You can get a Ferret50 in left handed platform.
No ffl except for the ar lower also.

ferret50.com/

Link Posted: 8/2/2002 5:40:53 AM EDT
[#4]
5isalive, Thanks for the info.  I am a little leary about spending 1600.00 for .50 set up built on a .223 platform.  The sight did not mention any test results or any type of guarantee.  I am married with children and am a little concerned that this thing could do some seriouse harm without the proper testing...and I dont want to be the lab rat.  Thanks again for the information.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 5:48:57 AM EDT
[#5]
You might search the forums using the string "ferret" and see what turns-up. They've been discussed on this site before. When I initially heard about this .50 implementation on an AR lower, I had the same reaction as you. As I looked into it, though, most of my concerns were addressed. I do not own a Ferret; however, I'd consider it much more seriously now than I would have initially.
Kevin
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 5:58:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
An Armalite .50cal.   I am thinking of picking up one since I read the possible banning of all .50 (thanks for the thread from yesterday). I am a lefty and if I get a bolt operated .50 it will need to be an Armalite, unless you all know of anyone else that makes a lefty version.  Also if you have any experience with .50 cal please give me your honest opinion on which brand would be best.  Thanks....

JoeMike,
one of the Mods on this forum is "Arock" and Arock shoots a stock ArmaLite .50 cal in competition.

He would be my go-to-guy for .50 cal information.

(I think the A-rock just finished fourth in the inter-stellar, all Galactica nationals - or something like that !  I believe there's a pic of the Rock still on armalite.com - the Rock is the guy under the hat.)
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:16:17 AM EDT
[#7]
JoeMike98:

Just got my AR-50 last Saturday. Waitng on the scope mounts to arrive so I can go shoot.  If you want tons of info on 50 cal go to www.biggerhammer.net and conduct a search.  This is a site that is dedicated to the 50 cal and should answer any and all questions you may have.  The leftie AR-50 would be a very good choice and I have read lots of positive things on the Ferret 50 on the biggerhammer site.  The Serbu 50 also gets excellent reviews but I am not sure if they make a left-handed version.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 7:02:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks again folks...you have all been a real big help. As this is a very expensive investment I want to make the best choice possible, and all your information has been super!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top