Posted: 11/3/2009 10:54:06 AM EDT
I'm just starting to reload and was wondering if anyone has a few
suggestions for a good "starter" chronograph. I'm not looking for anything
fancy with a printer and all. Just something accurate and not costing
an arm and a leg.

Thanx
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:01:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought a Chrony Beta Master for just under $100. It works fine and is reproducible (I have M193 from one lot that I shoot five rounds from before starting to verify values). After shopping around, I bought from Midsouth Shooters Supply.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:19:10 PM EDT
[#2]
This!

Accurate...simple...no bells and whistles...just quality.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:39:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Chrony Alpha or Alpha Master.  If shooting at a public range the remote readout on the Master is worth the extra $$$
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:09:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This!

Accurate...simple...no bells and whistles...just quality.

+1

Mine has never given me issues.  I did blow out the screen with a shot shell wad and they fixed the chrono for $10

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:39:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Get the CED M2.  Hands down the best unit for the money, IMHO.  I love mine.

http://accurateshooter.wordpress.com/2007/04/20/new-ced-m2-chronograph/
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:39:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the "Chrony" brand chronograph with the remote display.  It is real nice at public ranges to have the display on your shooting bench and not out in front  of you.  Displays on the chronographs are sometimes hard to read when they are out in front of you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top