Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/1/2006 7:52:49 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/1/2006 7:53:26 AM EST by rsilvers]
I am trying to get AAC to do a run of 762-SD flash suppressors for the M14. They would be Phantom style and made by Yankee Hill, but would also accept the AAC 762-SD silencer.

There just are very few silencers to select from for the M14.

Not only that, but it would be a real Phantom flash hider -- a very good one (no, not better than the Vortex, but very close).

Are there others who would also like this?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:33:47 PM EST
Did you ever review the Smith Enterprise DC suppressor? I like the idea of having one suppressor and multiple Vortexes on various rifles... However, I don't have nearly the experience you do with suppressors so any input from you is appreciated!

Spooky
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:41:11 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/1/2006 5:42:05 PM EST by rsilvers]
I don't like it.

It is louder than other silencers, and it is even slower to put on and off than a threadmount.

But it is a jewell and very well made -- and in military use. So it is worth it for a collector.

I only fired mine once and would sell it if someone wanted it.

But that is the idea of the AAC -- you get a Phanton adaptor for multiple rifles. The Phantom works super well as a flash hider -- 95% as well as a Vortex.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:14:49 PM EST
The SEI suppressor has been redesigned for the Armed Forces and for FMS customers with a very fast QD ability: less than two turns to lock.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:20:06 PM EST
That was not the problem. It has a tight fit to the Vortex. You need to force it in and out. And those arms get stuck in and flop around, then when all is said and you -- you are still turning that collar -- which alone is (or was) as much work as putting on a thread-on can. It is a billion times worse than an AAC mount.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:56:56 PM EST

Originally Posted By rsilvers:
That was not the problem. It has a tight fit to the Vortex. You need to force it in and out.

Honestly, mine is not like that. It's easy to put on and take off.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:00:07 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/2/2006 4:00:47 PM EST by rsilvers]
That is another problem -- they don't just work well on any DC Vortex -- but they have to be matched at the factory to your suppressor. For example, your suppressor will probably fit differently on my Vortex.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:58:00 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/3/2006 12:58:25 AM EST by Different]
Robert, we need to get together so you can try my Fisher Enterprises suppressor and M1A with the DC Vortex. My suppressor was not factory fitted to my Vortex. I got the Vortex before we moved from Nevada in March, 2005. IIRC, it was around October, 2004 when I received it from Smith Enterprise, Inc. My suppressor finally got transferred to me in October, 2005. My DC Vortex met my suppressor on 10/31/05 at Fort Livingroom () and they mated perfectly. I've got some subsonic 170 grain TTI Armory ammo we could test.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:24:23 AM EST
You are welcome over any time.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:02:07 PM EST
Well, now I know why I can't get AAC to make the 762-SD flash hider. Cause the market for M14 silencers is FRIGGEN TINY.

Can someone send me the M14 muzzle thread print? I will try once more, and if they say no I will have Mark McWillis make an adaptor.
Top Top