Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:19:44 PM EDT
[#2]
height=8
Quoted:
hello. go to WWW.BIGGERHAMMER.NET.

WWW.BIGGERHAMMER.NET is the worst
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:15:33 PM EDT
[#3]
www.fcsa.org, $40 a year to join, members only forum, quarterly 50 BMG-only magazine.

-David
Edgewood, NM
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:34:29 PM EDT
[#4]
height=8
Quoted:
www.fcsa.org, $40 a year to join, members only forum, quarterly 50 BMG-only magazine.

-David
Edgewood, NM

the FCSA forum is the best forum ever.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:24:38 PM EDT
[#5]
There is tons of information on the FCSA forums and all the guys are very helpful. The best 40 bucks I have spent on my 50 cal so far.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:25:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
There is tons of information on the FCSA forums and all the guys are very helpful. The best 40 bucks I have spent on my 50 cal so far.

+1
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:31:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
hello. go to WWW.BIGGERHAMMER.NET.

WWW.BIGGERHAMMER.NET is the worst

It wasn't always that way. Seven or eight years ago it was the best 50bmg forum around.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:46:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:35:02 AM EDT
[#9]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

+1

+2

+3
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:41:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2

+3

+4
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:16:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:31:17 PM EDT
[#12]
I wish somebody should start a consolidated BMG foum with modern PHPBB software and no membership fees.

I recently joined FCSA and was a little disappointed in the forum. While the members are very knowledgeable, there are only a handful of active posters. I think if they opened their forums to everybody, it would make a VAST improvement.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:57:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I say the FCSA the best of the 50 forums, That isnt saying much as they are the only game in town. They have a bunch of issues. They have tons of power control issues. They are all about shooting at FCSA matches, If you don't shoot at their matches forget it, you are scum and have no rights, you cant vote, and your words only fall on deaf ears. The BOD is mostly influenced by old members that are all match shooters. The forum is run by One guy that was appointed by the BOD. The FCSA wants zero change, they are happy with the way things are, so If you join and are willing to fall in line they will play nice. Don't expect to find a bunch of tutorials on all the secrets they have, all the good info is well guarded and they want you to pay for everything. Any info that you find in most forums how to's, DYI's they put it in a MAG  that if you want to pay for back issues there is some good stuff. I for one have been hugely disappointed in the FCSA. On a good note for $40.00 you get a quarterly subscription to the mag and a list of vendors.  I asked my friend to make a  free open forum dedicated to the 50 bmg rifle, so he did. All the latest features a forum could want and its free, check it out at the bottom of the board Look for the The "Free" 50 BMG Rifle, Open Forum, It's there we will see if people are really wanting a free forum for the 50

http://avtomatkalashnikov.com/forum
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:26:15 PM EDT
[#14]
2ndMarine is jaded with the FCSA as of today.  Of course he doesn't own a 50 BMG yet either but joined upon our suggestion and I appreciate that.  He's got some strong opinions, based partially upon fact and partially upon emotion.  I would ask him to keep his comments within the club.  We had some problems at the World Match that we are currently working through and will get squared away.  Just relax, we'll get it taken care of.

In FCSA, all members can vote on the Board of Directors that run the org's day to day operations.  Only Match shooters that show up at the FCSA World Match in Raton, NM can vote on Match rules.  Pretty simple.

-David
Edgewood, NM

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:17:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I do have an ar50 and have been shooting it weekly for the last few months. My Bohica is on the way, so Dave if you are going to make statements based on what I own and do not own please have your facts right. I see it is OK to only say what is good about the fcsa with your approval. I will say how it is in fact good or bad. These views are mine based on my experiences at the  FCSA. I don't say it is all bad but only spoke the facts of my experiences. So you please do not try to state facts of my personal life in the future. People do take things personal in this life. Please do not try and hide the facts.  You know the match shooters are the only ones that seem to have any weight at the FCSA. Are you tring to dispute that?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:30:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Oh btw I joined because of Randy and Randy only, please dont flater yourself DAVE!!
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:35:17 AM EDT
[#17]
All BMG Fans thinking of the FCSA

Even with the ongoing small misunderstanding right now I believe the FCSA is still the best Forum for 50 cal BMG knowledge, It is a fact that a small percentage of of the members post regularily, but that is still quite a good number and you couldn't ask for a better group than them, very knowledgeable, very helpfull and they want you to have a great time with your BMG and not make the mistakes they have made before, not to have wasted the money they have wasted before, what more could you ask of a group, it really reminds me of hunting camp, 99 percent are really great guys and would give you thier last bullet if asked. Of course this is only MOO. I have looked over the new BH forum and FCSA is definately worth the $40.00.

Keith
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 11:31:22 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2

+3

+4

+5
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 11:33:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Oh, and since no one has mentioned it...

Barrett has a forum.  Bohica has a forum.  Being manufacturers, their forums are biased towards their products.  (Not saying that in a bad way, just if I have a question about my Windrunner, I'm not likely to find much help at those two...)
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:32:55 PM EDT
[#20]
FCSA is very good, some very smart people on that forum. Some of the discussions are hard for me to grasp and that doesn't happen very often.

I don't shoot matches and have posted about my building of a stock and they have been very kind and giving pointers too.

The information on scopes and reloading is woth the price of administion alone.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:57:05 PM EDT
[#21]
I am not saying the FCSA is not good, I just think they are very old fashioned. Internet forums should not be a paid membership. There a hundreds of forums that subsist solely on advertising. If members choose to donate, thats great.

By charging to participate, you are missing out on good people.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:51:52 PM EDT
[#22]
The $40 dues is about 10-12 50BMG rounds? Sounds like a good deal to me. It is a great site.

Match related threads are just a small percentage of the total threads. I have never shot a match, but I check the FCSA almost every day.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:44:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Honestly I think that If they opened the forum up to the public then they will see a an increase in membership as a result.

I paid my $40 and I'm a member but I was disappointed by the small number of active posters on the forum as well. With all the vendors they have in the directory they publish, that would surely cover the costs of running a decent forum.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:16:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I say the FCSA the best of the 50 forums, That isnt saying much as they are the only game in town. They have a bunch of issues. They have tons of power control issues. They are all about shooting at FCSA matches, If you don't shoot at their matches forget it, you are scum and have no rights, you cant vote, and your words only fall on deaf ears. The BOD is mostly influenced by old members that are all match shooters. The forum is run by One guy that was appointed by the BOD. The FCSA wants zero change, they are happy with the way things are, so If you join and are willing to fall in line they will play nice. Don't expect to find a bunch of tutorials on all the secrets they have, all the good info is well guarded and they want you to pay for everything. Any info that you find in most forums how to's, DYI's they put it in a MAG  that if you want to pay for back issues there is some good stuff. I for one have been hugely disappointed in the FCSA. On a good note for $40.00 you get a quarterly subscription to the mag and a list of vendors.  

I agree with most of this, and I have been a member of the FCSA on AND off for almost a decade. When I joined 9 years ago it was VERY elitist. If you didn't shoot this custom made gun or shoot a Mark 4 scope WITH these modifications done to it you weren't going to be competitive. The whole Camp Perry ordeal left a bad taste too.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:55:09 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2

+3

+4

+5
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top