Link Posted: 6/27/2018 3:49:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 4:02:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Got an answer back from SiCo not long after posting this. They said:

Hello Greg,

It is not RMR compatible out of the box, but can be easily modified to fit.

Thank you and have a great day!

And I replied:

As in dremel it to fit? (Or some other method of opening it up a bit)

Seems like somebody would offer one ready to go. That one looks like it would be close.

And much quicker reply this time:

Correct, just extending the cut out.

Thanks again!

So...anybody done this? Pics? Which RMR did you go with?
View Quote
I will be modifying my holster to fit a Trijicon RMR once my Maxim is approved.  So unfortunately no pics at this time.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 4:12:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 4:23:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Blackhawk CQC? Or something else?
View Quote
Blackhawk CQC that you posted.  I figured that if I was going to have to hack up a holster I might as well get the cheapie.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 5:02:15 PM EDT
[#6]
A gun shop I went to yesterday had the gunmetal Maxim 9 in stock. I think the gunmetal color is too light.
Looks more silver to me. (I have the gunmetal in route to my local dealer) Oh well. I haven’t held one until
Yesterday and must say it feel pretty good. The grip feels good and the front of the gun is way lighter than it looks.
It feels like a full size pistol to me. The trigger is ok. The gun feels well made. Overall first impression is it’s an easy buy at the mid $800 range.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 8:31:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Took it for a spin today. At least 4 different types of ammo:
1. Monarch brass 115gr
2. Blazer aluminum 115gr
3. Freedom Munitions 147gr
4. Georgia Arms 147gr

I also had a couple mags that were loaded, but no idea what ammo. Most likely either the FM or GA stuff. But also had some loose ammo that I took 10rds in a mag, and I wanna say it was 124gr of some kind.

Every round fired just fine, but I didn't look at any of the cases/primers. When y'all say light strikes, you're meaning it doesn't fire...right? Or should I have checked the primers to see how they compared to other spent cases I have from other hosts?

Unrelated to that issue, does anybody here have the Blackhawk CQC holster? If so, will it allow for RMR use? It looks like it might be molded in such a way it would work. The description does say it can handle both the short and long configs, but doesn't mention the RMR cutout and the pics aren't at a good angle. I emailed SiCo a couple days ago and asked but haven't gotten a reply.

Grabbed these three pics online...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/126679/IMG_9287_PNG-588898.pnghttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/126679/IMG_9288_JPG-588899.jpghttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/126679/IMG_9271_JPG-588900.jpg
View Quote
The light primer strikes would not set the round off. Sounds like yours is working ok. My Blackhawk holster will not fit with my FF3 and some Drexel work would be need for sure.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 1:36:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone with one have any experience with heat and kydex holsters?  Does it get hot enough you can’t holster without melting it?
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 3:06:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I took the dremel to my Blackhawk CQC holster the other day. Unfortunately I cut a little further than needed for the RMR, but I can get you a measurement of what you should take off from where the pistol sits without the RMR in the holster. It still locks up and didn’t move when I took it for a jog in the backyard, lol.

I agree that they should have offered an RMR compatible holster from the start.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 4:03:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Anyone with one have any experience with heat and kydex holsters?  Does it get hot enough you can’t holster without melting it?
View Quote
I didn’t try to holster mine after shooting. But after 4-5 quick mags through mine it was almost to the point where it was getting too hot to shoot. Keep in mind it was 90* out and sunny.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 10:46:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Typed a long story about going from a Glock milled for a Deltapoint to a Glock MOS with a Shield ultra low mount and SMS that cowitnessed with stock sights and continued the story about going from a Maxim 9 with a RMR to a Shield ultra low Glock MOS mount and a RMS, but lost the whole thing trying to upload pics! Not going to retype it all, but here’s the pics. Long story short, Shield ultra low mount and SMS or RMS that cowitness with stock sights are bad ass. The RMR window is too small and the obstruction too large. The form factor of the SilencerCo adapters don’t match the gun. SilencerCo copied the MOS system. I dropped the Shield ultra low mount and optic onto my Maxim and it’s awesome. I don’t care that the form factor of the adapter doesn’t match since the SilencerCo adapters don’t either.

Link Posted: 7/1/2018 7:50:07 PM EDT
[#12]
That looks awesome....I think I'll need to get me an RMS also.  
Where did you get yours?
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 7:53:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The light primer strikes would not set the round off.
View Quote
I shot mine for the first time today.  About 100 rounds.  Got maybe 4 light primer strikes.  Looking at the primers they definitely look like they weren't hit hard enough.  Put them back in and 2nd strike set them off.  
You guys that are having light strikes, was a solution found?
BTW, I'm using the stock springs.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 10:04:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:That looks awesome....I think I'll need to get me an RMS also. Where did you get yours?
View Quote
Thanks, I got mine from Shield in the UK, but now you can get them from Lone Wolf or Brownells. In my experience, the 8 moa is too big, but the 4 moa is great. Also, the SMS is too low with this setup. It still works, but not was well as the taller RMS. The built in rear sight of the RMS aligns with the tops of the Maxim front and rear sights perfectly. So, it can act as the rear sight on a different focal plane or it can be overlooked.

On a side note, the SMS aligns better on a Glock as the RMS is too tall, even though that’s the one that they push with the Glock MOS mount. I like the above setup so much, I’m selling my Glock 19 MOS.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 11:59:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Thanks, I got mine from Shield in the UK, but now you can get them from Lone Wolf or Brownells. In my experience, the 8 moa is too big, but the 4 moa is great. Also, the SMS is too low with this setup. It still works, but not was well as the taller RMS. The built in rear sight of the RMS aligns with the tops of the Maxim front and rear sights perfectly. So, it can act as the rear sight on a different focal plane or it can be overlooked.

On a side note, the SMS aligns better on a Glock as the RMS is too tall, even though that’s the one that they push with the Glock MOS mount. I like the above setup so much, I’m selling my Glock 19 MOS.
View Quote
Just trying to make sure I understand correctly.
Is the mounting plate you are using on the Maxim 9 a piece that comes with a Glock MOS?
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 1:22:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 2:15:58 PM EDT
[#17]
^^^ that’s correct. Glock MOS 9mm mounting plates will work for the various optics, but they’ll have slide serrations on the side. The difference is, I think they’re taller, hence the reason why Shield came out with their ultra low plate. So, I believe, only the plate above will absolute cowitness with the stock sights and a RMS like my setup pictured.

Can anyone confirm the thickness of the stock Glock MOS plates? The Sico plate I have is 3.17mm thick and the Shield ultra low plate is 1.5mm. Maybe the stock Glock MOS plates will work?!?

Edited for uncertainty.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 11:57:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Thank you both for the clarification.
What about mounting a light, what y'all using?

I am just starting my wait.
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 12:14:13 AM EDT
[#19]
So, what I'm reading is that the RMS sight with the Glock MOS Low Profile mounting plate is the go-to setup for the Maxim. Correct?

Anyone find good deals on the RMS? Or the plate? $85 seem pricey for a plate.
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 12:37:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Attachment Attached File

I got to visit with mine today at the dealer. I removed the front baffles to put it in the short configuration, but couldn't take the hex bolts off the long rods. They were on way too tight and I didn't have any pliers with me. Anyone know why they don't include 2 more hex bolts for the short rods? Seems pretty stupid unless they're considered part of the suppressor for NFA purposes. Anyway, the gun feels great and I didn't mind the trigger. Can't wait to pick it up in 6 months or so
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 1:08:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Anyone know why they don't include 2 more hex bolts for the short rods? Seems pretty stupid unless they're considered part of the suppressor for NFA purposes.
View Quote
The short rods should be in the box, under the foam.  They may be in with the gun lock.  I don't remember exactly where, but they were there.
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 1:23:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The short rods should be in the box, under the foam.  They may be in with the gun lock.  I don't remember exactly where, but they were there.
View Quote
The rods were in there but they just have threaded ends on each side. It looks like you're supposed to remove the hex bolts from the long rods and put them on the short rods to lock down the end cap. Or am I missing something?
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 7:37:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I got to visit with mine today at the dealer. I removed the front baffles to put it in the short configuration, but couldn't take the hex bolts off the long rods. They were on way too tight and I didn't have any pliers with me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I got to visit with mine today at the dealer. I removed the front baffles to put it in the short configuration, but couldn't take the hex bolts off the long rods. They were on way too tight and I didn't have any pliers with me.
I had almost the exact same situation, one nut stuck on rod the other rod stuck in gun. Once I even took pliers with me and used a rag so as not to mar anything and still couldn’t get them off. I was worried I may have difficulty when I got it home, but used a padded vice and it was easy. In short configuration now and not sure I’ll be switching back.

Quoted:
So, what I'm reading is that the RMS sight with the Glock MOS Low Profile mounting plate is the go-to setup for the Maxim. Correct?
I think I may be the first to have done it and that was just over the weekend, so if I’ve created the “go to setup” what did I win?!? My first optic on a pistol was a Glock milled for a Deltapoint WITHOUT sights and I had difficulty finding the dot. So, I much prefer both sights and optic. I bought a MOS when Shield released the above mentioned ultra low mounting plate that allows cowitness with stock Glock sights and loved it. That said, see my note about the SMS and RMS heights above. My experience with the RMR on the Maxim was poor, the window seemed too small and the “armor” around the window presented too much obstruction. The stock sights were still on it, but pretty much useless and the height difference so great, I still had difficulty finding the dot. I think the cowitness with stock Maxim sights offered by the ultra low plate and RMS is awesome and there’s no other option for me that I’m aware of... other than suppressor height sights

I’ve edited my previous post as I’m uncertain about the height of stock Glock MOS plates. I haven’t tried them as I bought the ultra low plate from Shield. Maybe they would be low enough???
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 10:01:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Ok, some answers and pics...

The mounting plate thicknesses I have are:
SilencerCo RMR plate 3.17mm
My Glock MOS plates are unopened in the package, but measure approximately 2.5mm
Shield ultra low plate 1.5mm

So, my uncertainty is now certain, Glock MOS plates are too tall to use stock sights on a Glock and the reason why Shield came out with theirs.

The Shield sight heights are different and are:
SMS 8mm
RMS 8.5mm

This is why the SMS (shorter) worked better on the Glock and RMS (taller) worked better on the Maxim.

The 1.5mm ultra low plate and 8.5mm RMS (10mm total) are almost perfect for the Maxim as seen in the following pics. It’s very hard to take pics, so apologies in advance. Disregard the dot position as I haven’t adjusted it, just took it off the Glock and dropped it on. The first is focused between the rear sight and the RMS, all sights look well aligned. In the 2nd pic, taken from farther away, the stock sights look well aligned with the RMS a tiny bit lower. The SMS doesn’t align well even at only .5mm difference. Hope this helps fellas.

Link Posted: 7/4/2018 7:35:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I think I may be the first to have done it and that was just over the weekend, so if I’ve created the “go to setup” what did I win?!?
View Quote
you win endless fame & glory. Oh wait, read the wrong line on prize listing. You actually win a
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 10:36:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Saw a picture of a Maxim 9 with a vfg (AOW), and it made me think a SBR configuration would be pretty cool. Maybe a folding adaptor like the B&T USW + 24/33 rnd mags.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 7:18:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:...a folding adaptor like the B&T USW + 24/33 rnd mags.
View Quote
Effin’ A!

Considering how easy it is to change the grip module, I’m surprised a Glock 19 length grip isn’t already available, followed by a USW type like you mentioned, and finally a FireControlUnit type too!
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 9:37:00 AM EDT
[#28]
I have a maxim 9. I think they should offer a non suppressed version for standard suppressors with a short barrel. The compact slide and fixed barrel would make a cool host IMO. Silencerco Minimus 9?
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 2:10:07 PM EDT
[#29]
I just ordered mine for 869... I am jacked!!!
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 2:15:36 PM EDT
[#30]
I had to order two of them. One for $800 and one for $839. The discount plus the free Octane were too damn good to pass up and, Frankly, I want to support SiCo as a brand.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 2:34:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Where are you finding them at that price?
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 5:08:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.preppergunshop.com/index.php/silencerco-maxim-9-suppressed-pistol-nfa-9mm/
6 left.

and a bit cheaper here
https://www.gunsmidwest.com/sco-maxim-9-suppressed-pistol-9mm.html

GunsMidWest did have some at $801 but not sure if they'll be back in stock.
https://www.gunsmidwest.com/silencerco-su2258-maxim-9mm-1of2.html
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 5:46:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 1:39:44 PM EDT
[#34]
I got my Maxim back from SilencerCo earlier in the week, and I finally got to hit the range and throw some rounds down. The great news is that they fixed the light primer strike issue. 100 rounds of Speer Lawman 147gr with no issues. I tried riding the reset to cause the light primer strike, but it went bang every time.

They replaced the striker spring, and the pin that holds the slide and the striker assembly. I'm not sure if they did additional work to the trigger components, but the the trigger does feel better. Originally the break felt "hollow" with a gritty takeup. Now it feels more like the Glock triggers, with a solid wall and rolling break, and a smooth take up.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 8:12:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I got my Maxim back from SilencerCo earlier in the week, and I finally got to hit the range and throw some rounds down. The great news is that they fixed the light primer strike issue. 100 rounds of Speer Lawman 147gr with no issues. I tried riding the reset to cause the light primer strike, but it went bang every time.

They replaced the striker spring, and the pin that holds the slide and the striker assembly. I'm not sure if they did additional work to the trigger components, but the the trigger does feel better. Originally the break felt "hollow" with a gritty takeup. Now it feels more like the Glock triggers, with a solid wall and rolling break, and a smooth take up.
View Quote
@hobbez84

How long did silencerco have your Maxim for repairs?
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 8:40:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

@hobbez84

How long did silencerco have your Maxim for repairs?
View Quote
Delivered to SilencerCo June 28
Mailed out via FedEx on July 10
Received package on July 12

Not too bad. Be sure to include a copy of your Form 4.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 4:05:13 PM EDT
[#37]
I paid $801 + shipping for my Maxim in late June. Two weeks later the Maxim arrived at my dealer. Great gun, feels well made and well balanced.

The rebate for a free Octane 45K olt made an awesome pistol even better.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 8:04:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Bought mine today and Form 4 signed and being mailed tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 8:46:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Delivered to SilencerCo June 28
Mailed out via FedEx on July 10
Received package on July 12

Not too bad. Be sure to include a copy of your Form 4.
View Quote
I skimmed the thread but didn't see it anywhere, what range is your serial number in?

Just you try putting the MWS spring back in to see how the trigger felt/functioned?
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 9:40:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I skimmed the thread but didn't see it anywhere, what range is your serial number in?

Just you try putting the MWS spring back in to see how the trigger felt/functioned?
View Quote
2k range, IIRC mine was the 2nd batch to hit dealers.

Not gonna mess with the springs anymore. If the stiker were more easily accessible, I wouldnt mind swapping and testing more, but I hate that I need a hammer and punch to swap striker springs.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 10:28:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Not gonna mess with the springs anymore. If the stiker were more easily accessible, I wouldnt mind swapping and testing more, but I hate that I need a hammer and punch to swap striker springs.
View Quote
Thanks.  Mine is in the low 3k's so keeping my fingers crossed it's ok.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 11:11:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess this is now a serial number thread - mine's (mid-July 2018 purchase) in the low 7000s, SiCo must be churning these out!!!
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 10:23:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Mine arrived at the dealer, and i went to go see it today.

I was disappointed to find that my mag release isn't working properly.

It appears that if you insert the mag with any force, it rides up on (what appears to be) the ejector and gets "stuck".

If the mag release is pressed, the magazine stays in place, and does not drop free.

If you use your fingers to gently pull the magazine down, it will pull off of the ejector with an audible "click".

You can then press the mag release, and the mag will then drop free normally.

Im not sure if it is a magazine or a gun issue, but im DEFINITELY not impressed.

Also, my trigger is HORRIBLE.

It's almost "hard" to pull.... like NY 8# spring hard to pull.

I explained that away by saying that its prolly just full of preservative oil, but once again, im DEFINITELY not impressed.

Im going to investigate the possibility of sending it back for repairs while i wait for my stamp. FML.

I forgot to note the SN#.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 11:18:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Mine arrived at the dealer, and i went to go see it today.

I was disappointed to find that my mag release isn't working properly.

It appears that if you insert the mag with any force, it rides up on (what appears to be) the ejector and gets "stuck".

If the mag release is pressed, the magazine stays in place, and does not drop free.

If you use your fingers to gently pull the magazine down, it will pull off of the ejector with an audible "click".

You can then press the mag release, and the mag will then drop free normally.

Im not sure if it is a magazine or a gun issue, but im DEFINITELY not impressed.

Also, my trigger is HORRIBLE.

It's almost "hard" to pull.... like NY 8# spring hard to pull.

I explained that away by saying that its prolly just full of preservative oil, but once again, im DEFINITELY not impressed.

Im going to investigate the possibility of sending it back for repairs while i wait for my stamp. FML.

I forgot to note the SN#.
View Quote
There should be a LH mag release in the little bag. Try swapping that out and see if you're having the same issues.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 2:02:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Another 100 rounds with zero malfunctions this weekend. That is now 300 trouble free rounds of mixed ammo (mostly Speer Lawman & GD 124/147) since I got the Maxim back from SilencerCo. I'd say that is good enough for my peace of mind. Once I sort out a decent way to utilize a WML, I'll consider the Maxim ready for emergency nightstand duty.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 4:58:46 PM EDT
[#46]
My serial # is in the mid 4xxx range.
Mine was definitely test fired when I got it?  How about the rest of you guys?

The trigger didn't seem that bad when I got it and now it seems to have gotten a lot better.  Good enough that I'm not going to bother doing anything to it.  Pretty happy with it.  I have had some light primer hits...not a huge amount.  Like maybe 1 out of every 100 rounds and I think that number is decreasing as well.  I haven't bothered to clean it yet.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 11:48:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
My serial # is in the mid 4xxx range.
Mine was definitely test fired when I got it?  How about the rest of you guys?

The trigger didn't seem that bad when I got it and now it seems to have gotten a lot better.  Good enough that I'm not going to bother doing anything to it.  Pretty happy with it.  I have had some light primer hits...not a huge amount.  Like maybe 1 out of every 100 rounds and I think that number is decreasing as well.  I haven't bothered to clean it yet.
View Quote
That kind of lack of reliability makes it more of a novelty gun that anything useful for self protection. I have one on order and I hope by the time I get mine that this will all be sorted out. I know my buddy who had been following its progress ever since they started prototyping has one of the early ones and has had more that a couple light primer strikes in less than a couple dozen rounds along with some FTE, FTF stuff. Silencero told him to send it back so we will see how it runs when it is returned. Hoping that they can make it work like the previous posters.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 11:48:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I guess this is now a serial number thread - mine's (mid-July 2018 purchase) in the low 7000s, SiCo must be churning these out!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.

Mine was a few months ago and it's 69xx
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 11:52:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Wow.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.

What I don't get is why the pistol frame and suppressor body s/n's are a) different at all (except for a prefix, which would make sense) and b) so far apart.  Frame 72xx, body 71xx.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 2:28:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top