Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2002 8:10:37 PM EDT
The search for a lefty friendly M4 is done, I think...

Badger Ordinance Tac-latch

Norgon ambi mag release

DPMS ambi selector, CQB Sol. HST (single-point) sling on GG&G receiver plate sling mount.  Falcon ERGO grip.

Full shot, with friends...
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 8:27:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nicely done!
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 5:08:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Very nicely done!

Thanks!

No other lefties out there???

Oh well, here are my impressions, for those that are interested.

Ambi selector:  Self explanatory.  A must have, I even recommend this for righties.  Plus it's relatively cheap.  

Norgon:  A bit expensive, but I can now use my trigger finger for reloads, so that's worth the cost.  So far it drops free about 80% of my USGIs when fully loaded.  But more importantly, it drops free 100% of my unloaded USGIs.  I'll hit the range this weekend and test on partially loaded mags.  

Badger Ord. tac-latch:  Another good (and cheap) piece for both righties and lefties.  Also works well when optics are used which block use of the standard charging handle.  

The Ergo grip feels a lot better than the standard PG and I finally get rid of that annoying finger ledge.  

The HST sling is nice piece for the range (or CQB if you are so inclined), but I wouldn't recommend it for patrol, as it doesn't offer as much versatility or comfort as a standard 3-point sling.  I ordered mine with a CMC hook (HK style carbine hook).  I am used to using HK slings, so I am fond of the QD feature of the carbine hooks.  Plus I can use one sling for multiple rifles if I wish with a simple click.  However, the hook that came with the sling is very flimsy and came loose after about 5 minutes of handling.  So I will replace it with a sturdier hook.  So if you wish to have the hook, I recommend ordering the sling without one, and adding a sturdy hook yourself.  One more thought, after a bit of playing, I realized that the sling hook will rub up against the lower receiver near the attachment point.  I imagine this will quickly wear your finish pretty bad, so if you like to keep a 'clean' rifle, tape up the hook (which also keeps it from rattling) with some electricians tape.  Or you could just get the standard sling without the hook.  And finally, the GG&G receiver plate sling mount does not block the forward assist as much as I thought it might.

That's all folks...
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 5:24:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Y'all are a strang bunch!

Being wronghanded and all.

Nice setup Though.
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 5:35:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice - but I made it through 3 yrs. in the Army
without a Lefty M16 .

Maybe in combat you could surrender it to the
enemy and confuse the Hell out of em

( just kiddin   )
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 5:50:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Another southpaw here, the only addition that i know right now that i will accuire in the near future for my M4, is the ambi-safety.

The magazine release is not a problem for me.

Damn fine package there anyways.
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 5:52:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Nice - but I made it through 3 yrs. in the Army
without a Lefty M16 .

True.  I have made it so far without the mods, but I figure I'll give myself any advantage I can find.

Good thing about these 'upgrades' is that they in no way interfer with the standard operation or reliability of the rifle.  In fact they can also be used by a righty just as easily.

At the very least, the ambi selector is a must have...
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 7:52:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice job, I know the feeling about being a lefty, I do everything left handed except shooting a rifle, I shoot those right handed, lucky for me I guess. The problem with us leftys is we don't do anything right.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 12:29:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I too am messed up i shoot leftie and i write righty however i can also shoot righty and i can almost write lefty.They call it ambidextrous i guess.

But I think that is neat little dealy bopper,I will have to check that out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top