Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/3/2005 8:54:49 AM EDT
Well, it's been a while, but I've "accumulated" a few new folders over the last couple of months:

I really like the BM Skirmish...a large folder, but very well executed. I picked up one of the limited editions...so it's a kind of greenish/gold...I'd like to Oxy-clean the shiny gold divits down the road.

The Spyderco Manix looks like a real stout working blade...great design.

I'm giving my Emerson ' 98 Commander (it's been uniformed EDC for the past few years) a rest, and I'm going to try out the CQC-8 this year.

Lastly my small Spyderco Native (I have an older unserrated one). I like to keep a folder in the weak-side pocket. I still use my Military for uniformed carry and this will be for civi days. I also like my weakside folder to be serrated for cutting the rough stuff.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:36:53 PM EDT
Very nice. The Manix is one tough blade.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:55:21 AM EDT
I agree...the Manix is built like my Chinook...very robust and stout, but the blade is much better for cutting/utility work. For the price it's a great working knife that's extremely stout. The other thing I really like about Spyderco knives are the choils they have...really makes choking up for delicate work much easier and more comfortable.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:43:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ROCK6:
I agree...the Manix is built like my Chinook...very robust and stout, but the blade is much better for cutting/utility work. For the price it's a great working knife that's extremely stout. The other thing I really like about Spyderco knives are the choils they have...really makes choking up for delicate work much easier and more comfortable.

ROCK6

Yes, they are both tanks, but, I agree, the Manix is a slightly better cutter and is very comfortable and controllable in the hand. The only folder that I have seen that has a lockup that I believe is stronger than these two spyderco blades is my Extrema Ratio M.P.C., which is an absolute brute of a folder, but it is not as efficient of a cutter as the Manix because the edge is too thick. The blade is a quarter inch thick, 4.5 inches long of N690 cobalt steel which mates to a quarter inch thick lockback with a crossbolt, rifle style, supplemental locking system which basically turns the knife into a fixed blade. It is more of a folding prybar that you could cut yourself out of a railcar with. That is why I supplement it with my Al Mar S.E.R.E. 2000 for the more delicate cutting tasks.

Page Armory » Blades
Top Top