Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2002 9:33:20 PM EDT
Question: I had a Sig 245 on layaway at the local gun shop but have now decided that I can't live without an M4 upper for my Bushmaster.  So now I am stuck in a bad dilemma.  I have decided to drop the Sig, it will take more money than I'll have in six months to spend on it.  Instead I have decided to steer future resources toward the upper.  Meanwhile I have $120 on the old layaway that I'll lose if I don't divert it toward something in the shop.  I am thinking of the Ruger 10/22.  I like to shoot alot and the ammo is cheap.  What is the general consensus on the Ruger?  I plan to turn it into an evil looking weapon, black stock, flash suppressor, etc... and just have fun with it...am I nuts?

Link Posted: 4/4/2002 9:42:09 PM EDT
[#1]
The 10/22 is a great choice for a cheap shooter.  You can't really beat $20.00 for 1000 rounds of ammo can you?  Research mags before you buy them, some are great (Butler Creek) some suck (Ramline).
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 11:31:02 PM EDT
[#2]
The 10/22 is a great rifle- go for it. When your cash flow is better, you can even splurge on customizing the crap out of it. Ditto on the mags, get some Butler Creek 25-rounders if you can find any at a reasonable price.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 11:52:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Remember - resonable = $75.00

ouch!
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 4:00:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 6:09:39 AM EDT
[#5]
While the 10/22 is the industry standard .22, it isn't perfect.  The mags can be a pain in the ass, even Ruger mags.  The stock trigger is usually terrible.  But it can be endlessly accessorized so if there is some aspect you don't like, usually you can fix or replace it.  I have the 10/22T with a Nikon on top, it is fun for driving golf balls at the range.

BTW I have a 245 and it is schweeeet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top