Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2002 11:39:22 AM EDT
Does anybody have one of these? Are they nice, function well, etc? Specifically the pistol grip, in the pictures it looks like cheap shiny plastic that you would find on a squirt gun. Is it just the picture?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 11:52:07 AM EDT
[#1]
They are made of a composite plastic. I had bought one and returned it. The plastic seems durable enough. The fit is acceptable however, one thing I disliked is that they are sold "one-for-all" and a adapter plug goes between the stock and receiver which is different for Rem/Win. I thought that was cheesy.
I returned the lightweight folder because is disrupted the balance of the gun. The buttplate is also extremely uncomfortable. I put the SpeedFeed pistol grip stock back on.

Top-folders will not fold completely with a side saddle or front ramp site.

Personally I would opt for the Remington steel folder if that is your application.

FYI: Stay away from the ATI mag tube extensions.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 8:24:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 10:23:24 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Why?
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 11:55:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?

I had an 8-shot extension and had problems with the follower catching on the poor transition from the shotgun's mag tube to the ATI extension tube.

They are made of the same composite plastic. In order to make up for strength, the wall thickness is greater than with a steel mag tube extension. The larger OD of the ATI extension makes standard barrel clamps and accessories (ex: tac-light) which were designed to clamp to the tube fit poorly or not at all.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:14:43 PM EDT
[#5]
ok,thanks boom, i have a 9 shot, andthoughit maybe was ATI,but mine is metal, so im safe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top