Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2012 2:44:47 PM EDT
I ran across one in a local shop and wanted to know if it has any value or is worth the $400 the shop is asking.

The only mod I found on it is a collapsable (sp?) stock. Appears to be an SD model with the round fore grip. Comes with one 22 round mag. Looks to be in good shape. Like the looks of the Ti receiver.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:22:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought one of these Ti 1st year anniversary SD's back in '09 for $450 and just left it in the box in case my GSG-5 carbine ever craters.  Does this used one have the replacement ATF-approved can on it?  If not, you'll have to go through the effor to get it replaced.  I'd offer the shop $350 for it.

You don't want to stir the pot on the "titanium finish" around here.  Most folks hate it because it is apparently easily damaged by certain cleaners (and the after-market sliding stock will definitely scrape off the finish in that rail groove if it hasn't already done so).

The GSG-5 SD is a classic design and more desirable than the new GSG-522 SD because it looks more like the MP5.  It's up to you.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:55:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Stopped back by there today with $350 cash in my hand. But I had to take another look at it to check for some things I learned on here.

First thing I did was look at the fake suppressor to see if it's the newer version. To my surprise it just threaded right off.

At this point I give it back to the shop and say I cannot buy this it is a SBR. Shop owner "no, no it's not is a pistol and I just have to sell it as so"

I said no thanks and recommend he removed the sliding stock before ATF walked in and seen it like this. He laughed and said they have already seen it and dont care.

It's his problem now I don't want any part of it.

All in all I would probably SBR one some time in the future and run a suppressor on it but not right away.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 11:00:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:46:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Did the barrel extend the whole length of the fake suppressor, or was the BBL just plain not there outside the cocking tube housing?

The barrel was about an inch past the cocking tube.

Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top