Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2002 8:41:04 AM EDT
My name is Gravitynoodle, and I'm an AR-holic.

I've got 2 Bushy 16" A3s (one comped, one not), and that ain't enough.  I have no real need for another, unless you want to use SHTF as an excuse.  But this isn't about "need", is it?  I fear that I am about to purchase another, and want to seek intervention before its too late.  Perhaps a 20", or maybe a 24" w/ a Harris bipod and Leupold.  I like the look of the M4gery, but not the fakiness of the feux collapsable stock.  I've tried to distract myself by looking at Rem 700s, but they just don't do it for me. I finger the BM catalog literally every day, looking for something new and knowing it isn't there.  Someone stop me before I see another $800 fly out the window.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 8:44:39 AM EDT
[#1]
i'll save you! send that $800 to me!
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 8:46:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Believe me, nobody here is going to stop you.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 8:47:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey I have more than I need, but not as many as I want!
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 8:49:38 AM EDT
[#4]
only 2 ar's?
where i come from they'd call you a "slacker"
clown
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 10:04:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
only 2 ar's?
clown

What he said...
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 10:12:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Gravitynoodle,

I feel your pain.  I too try to distract myself with the PSS, M1A, H&K but I always go back to the AR.  I have 8 right now.  I need to find a new hobby.

On second thought, maybe just one more AR and my urge should be satiated.

Max
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 1:34:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I gave up hope of finding any 12 step program for this obsession. There is always another reason to get another one. (Sometimes anything that shoots.)I have a habit of lurking at the gun shows by the front door or even scanning the parking lot for poor helpless people needing $ for something more necessary in life than guns. My wife and kids gave up long ago. I have to keep on trading guns to buy up those pistol grip rifles that I just have to hoard in any caliber, type, or configuration, And then there are magagines and ammunition. Questions like,"Why do you need one more of those and another 1000 rounds of ammo?" I ran out of excuses and answers long ago. I quit once for about a year and got worse after that!!!!!! But it's my obsession. I might try a Harley soon and see where I go from there.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 1:59:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I used to have one AR -- an Armalite -- along with a few other types of firearms. I was eyeing a Bushmaster. My wife (at the time) said my buying one more rifle would be the last straw and she'd move out. It's gotten a lot quieter around my place and that Bushmaster feels really nice.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 3:21:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Belly back up to the bar bub. You'll need a minimum of 5 before your eligible to be a member of this 12 step group
W
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 3:27:18 PM EDT
[#10]
My third AR is on it's way.  I recommend the 2002 LEGP.  It's ok - because it's a limited edition right?
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 3:57:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
only 2 ar's?

True.  But I have 9 Glocks.  These dagnab ARs just cost more.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 4:20:38 PM EDT
[#12]
It's not an obsession, it's a disease! Incurable as well. I have 5 and am planning my next one as we speak. Go with it, don't fight it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 4:21:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Damn, I only got six ARs. I guess I need to build some more.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 4:21:34 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm in the same boat. I have bought 2 in the last 2 months a DPMS Panther Bull classic, and a Bushie Shorty AK that makes two of those, I need to trade one for a m4.I can't pass up a good deal. My poor wife, any way I have a total of 3. I've got some catching up to do LoL.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 4:35:59 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Hey I have more than I need, but not as many as I want!

How true! The EVIL catalog that Bushmaster sends out, keeps calling my name to buy more toys.
They built this upper for me. A2 DCM/Varminter 24"

GIB
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:22:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Since you are in Kentucky, why not sell one of those ARs, take your $800, save some more money and buy an M16.  I had 4 ARs, and I am in the process of selling off all but 1 and I am in the process of buying an M16.  Once you play with one, you will get one.  I would suggest you check out Knob Creek in 2 weeks and take an M16 for a test drive.  Ar's are nice, but M16s are better.  It also allows you to put anything you want on that M16 lower.  You will need at least $5000 to buy one though.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 8:25:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 8:43:18 AM EDT
[#18]
An M16 does sound sweet.  I don't wanna be like that old guy in the Harley commercial who dreamed of owning a Harley but never saw his dream come true.  I turn 40 today, and should tell my wifewoman that she gets to decide whether I get a girlfriend or an M16.  Sounds fair to me.

Until that happens, I'm starting to have a hankerin' for a Bushy V-Match carbine w/ the aluminum free-floated fore end.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 8:53:40 AM EDT
[#19]
mmmmmmm....AR addiction......yummy!

I'm getting ready to order 2 more RRA stripped lowers. Should be fun!

Link Posted: 3/29/2002 8:56:09 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Since you are in Kentucky, why not sell one of those ARs, take your $800, save some more money and buy an M16.  I had 4 ARs, and I am in the process of selling off all but 1 and I am in the process of buying an M16.  Once you play with one, you will get one.  I would suggest you check out Knob Creek in 2 weeks and take an M16 for a test drive.  Ar's are nice, but M16s are better.  It also allows you to put anything you want on that M16 lower.  You will need at least $5000 to buy one though.

I was going to say the same thing.  Or at least sell off the two you have (assuming they're postbans), buy a preban and get a supressor.  If you think your AR obsession is getting bad, take the next step, get into class 3, and then you'll see how bad an obsession can really be.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:00:00 AM EDT
[#21]
I agree.. Sell a few ar's and go the Full-auto route.. If you try one it will never be the same. In the near future pre-bans might lose a lot of their value. With A RR M16 you do anthing with it, even the cool looking 7 1/2" uppers.

You think you have an ar obsession, look at some of these people who have 4-5 M16's! Try to justify that to your wife.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top