Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2002 9:45:18 AM EDT
A few years ago I sold off my pre-ban Colt Sporter Lwt. in 9mm, and have regretted it ever since. At the time I sold it, I had two 9mm carbines, the Colt and an UZI Model B. Lately I've been thinking about selling the UZI to replace the Colt 9, but would like to hear a few opinions first. Should I keep the UZI and just be happy with my two Colt carbines in 5.56, or dump the UZI and go to an all Colt weapons system ?? From what I've been able to discern, the UZI 9mm Carbines are perhaps the most reliable & accurate of the breed. If I go for the Colt 9, I'll pick up a complete upper & related components. That should probably run me about $800 or so, give or take a few either way. Are the Colt 9mm "drop in" magazine adapter / blocks very reliable, I've heard different opinions regarding their function ? I really do prefer the feel of the Colt 9 over the UZI, and the Colt is also much lighter. ( I still have 4 brand new Colt 9mm factory 32 rd mags. If I decide to keep the UZI, I'll probably sell or swap them towards a nice Red-Dot optic for my Colt 6721.) I guess my question boils down to which is the better weapon, a Colt 9 or an UZI Model B ? PLEASE HELP Guys, I could really use some opinions right now. (P.S.: SORRY for the slightly long post.)  THANK YOU.  Regards,   Dom Pastore
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 10:19:16 AM EDT
[#1]
IMHO The Colt is nice in 9mm but when I shot it for some reason it just didn't seem right. Loading the rifle didn't feel as natural in 9mm as it does in 5.56. ASA has 9mm conversion kits for sale and I heard that they are pretty good but I have never used one personally. As for the Mag block the one in the rifle I shot it seemed to wobble enough to make me nervous but not enough to effect the function of the gun. The UZI is nice compact and accurate also and personally I really like the grip safety on it. What's nice about it also is if you don't like 9mm, switch it to 45 or 22. The Uzi also has a proven history of performance with the IDF, Secret Service and American Special Forces.(UZI like em or not was the standard in subguns until the MP5)
Like everything else unfortunately your decision is really going to come down to personal preference. My vote would be UZI

JerrY
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 10:25:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Keep the COLT System...........

Training.......
Tools.........
Parts........

It becomes second nature to you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top