Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2006 9:09:51 PM EDT
Today my long awaited Fenix LOP arrived. I am very impressed with the output of the light and the quality of the materials and finish, and how smooth the head works in the threads back and forth.

The switch is the head; just screwing it into the body stop will ignite the torch.
It can be used in candle mode, and it compares in size favorably with my regular EDC, the ARC AAA that I have used for a long time.

I had believed that the ARC was the ultimate small torch, and it is only today when I have to change my mind.

Well, this is not intended to be a review; I am sure somebody else with more knowledge will come along soon to give you a full review once these lights start arriving.

But I took one picture comparing the output of the ARC AAA to the Fenix LOP so you have an idea of what to expect from the light.

Also it passed my water glass test without issues.

I contacted Chevrofreak and asked his permission to post his run time test, so here it is.
He said that he did the test with a fully charged battery and the light registered 180 LUX with that one and 150 LUX with the one that was in the torch (although he said that the reading is probably exaggerated because his meter read 15 to 20 % higher).

Best regards to all!
Black Bear

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:11:12 PM EDT
[#1]
You're just trying to make me broke, aren't you?!

Thanks for the review!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:35:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Where did you source this?

TAD Gear was supposed to start selling them mid January.

Thanks...Tim
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:49:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I got mine from 4Seven in CPF and Lighthound have them also.
black bear
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:05:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Where did you source this?

TAD Gear was supposed to start selling them mid January.

Thanks...Tim

I was there yesterday at the store (awesome place). Mike showed me the LOP and I have to agree, it's a very nice light. For one AAA it gives out a lot of light, very lightweight and can easily be put on a keychain.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:59:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top