Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2002 11:28:04 AM EDT
I just bought another AR15, my first post ban, a DMPS Panther Bull Sixteen.  So far it is looking good, 100% functional.  I have a 'scope mounted, the barrel broken in and will next shoot it for accuracy.  But I need a couple more 20 round magazines.  Who has them for a fair price now?   I have been seeing $25 to $40 each and this seems high to me.  Any encouraging words?
BillSP1
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 11:37:19 AM EDT
[#1]
BillSP1
R Guns has factory colt pre-ban 20rd "used" but graranteed to work, for $17. He also has New in Wrapper U.S. military 30rd pre-ban mags with black teflon coating (green follower) for $25, Used Colt 30rd for $17, and New in Sealed Wrapper mil spec 30rd pre-bans with DPMS floor plates for $25.
His number is 847-428-0029. He has ads in Shotgun News.
You can find anything, at a better price in Shotgun News.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 11:43:07 AM EDT
[#2]
adman,
thanks for the reply. I will check out R-Guns, that price is more like it!

BillSP1
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 11:55:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Check Georgia Precision.  They post on these forums and have a website.

USGI 20s generally range from $20 to $25 for used but functional magazines.  I occasionally see them for less.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 12:01:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Do a search on RGUNS (rguns.net), I've heard nothing but bad things about them, although this is not from personal experience.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 12:39:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd suggest gun shows, or the equipment exchange here, you can find some OK deals.  I bought some mags from R-Guns once, my experince was ok overall.  I had to return some (m1 carbine mags), they weren't as advertized.  However the AR mags I bought in the same order were as advertized and my money was promptly refunded on the carbine mags.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 3:00:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Fellow AR-aholics (meant in the best way!),
Thanks for the leads and tips.

Georgia Precision has brand new Colt 20 round mags for $36 each, probably a good deal for the real deal concidering what some pre-ban handgun magazines are going for these days.

If I was buying a new AR to hand down to my kid (or such) I would get a couple new ones from GA Precision and pack the set away.

Regards,
BillSP1
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 3:12:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Check Georgia Precision.  They post on these forums and have a website.

USGI 20s generally range from $20 to $25 for used but functional magazines.  I occasionally see them for less.

www.georgiaprecision.com/

Good people !
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 3:15:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought all of mine off the equipment exchange and at gun shows.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 3:24:55 PM EDT
[#9]
You'll be waiting a very long time from R-Guns, as they do not have half the stuff they advertise. This is coming from personal experience, and I was in their shop in Carpentersville. They had about 4 guns on the wall, and not much else. The guy told me they were "remodeling" LOL!!!
Good Luck if you order from them
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 3:29:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 3:43:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Check out this guy.  I have purchase from him a number of times and the fit, finish and functionality (3 f's) are great.  He usually has both 30 and 20 rnders.  Refinished mags
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 4:07:00 PM EDT
[#12]
79transam on Equipment Exchange
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 5:41:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Bill,
   If ya dont find what ya need shoot me a email.I can get Colt 20 rounders marked AR15 5.56 for 20.00.I can pick them up and ship them to you.The more you buy the cheaper they get.Ive got three and dont need anymore.Later,Chris
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 6:29:46 PM EDT
[#14]
The proprietor of RGuns is a convicted felon. Do business with at your own risk. For those who're interested, I have an article from the Chicago Tribune in Word format with the details of the conviction that I'd be willing to share. I'm not allowed to post it here due to RGuns being a paid advertiser on this site. If interested, email me at my signature line, but remove the "NOSPAM" in the address.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top