how about for a last ditch backup gun.

How long is the barrel?

will they feed hollow points?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 10:07:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 4:26:12 AM EDT
[#2]
DO NOT BUY ONE. IT'S A POS!!!

One: Several members of my department bought them as back up guns. One is sitting in my "to be fixed" drawer because the disconnector wore out and I CANNOT find new parts. ANYWHERE. The gun only had 500 rounds through it.

Two: Their reliability is questionable. The last time  one guy had his on the range it was hard as hell to chamber a round and it misfed a few rounds (standard Speer 230 gr FMJ)

Three: Beyond 10 feet do not expect to hit anything. I have handled five of these things none were accurate and their trigger pulls were heavy, long, gritty and basically sucked.

Four: The sight is a groove cut in the top of the slide with a tiny "bump" of metal for the front sight.

Five: they are a pain in the ass to take a apart to clean. They do not like to be dirty.

Yes these things are designed for close up and personal use but the heavy trigger pulls just eliminate any chance of accuracy over 10 feet. BTY I'm talking about a hit anywhere on the scored part of a target not a tight group.One shot can go here and the other one there.

the barrel is only two inches long I believe.. They are picky about hollow points.

Don't buy one. They are not worth the money. There are plenty of better guns out there that are just as small or slightly bigger. They work and shoot 10,000 times better. If you are looking for a back up gun this POS certainly IS NOT IT.

Check out the post in this forum about 38/9mm snubbies for ideas!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:13:12 AM EDT
[#3]
....just say no to amt.....check out the kahr pistols....or as aimless says if you need to stay 45.....
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:44:54 AM EDT
[#4]
how would you feel if it costed $100? still not worth it?
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:18:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
how would you feel if it costed $100? still not worth it?

Be aware that recoil on these things are less than perfect. Owners that I knew who shot them rarely went beyond one mag with them.

They were a great idea in principle, pity they weren't a bit better made.

There's some better options for a last ditch gun, IMO. Even a two shot derringer would be better than a gun you can't get parts for, IMO.

My .o2
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:24:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a AMT back-up 45ACP and I like it very much, and it shoots all ammo with no problems or malfunctions........I had a 380 back-up and also had no problems with it either.....at 7 yards combat range, it is just fine.....further than that would be a major problem due to the sights or lack of...the AMT's are just like all the rest of the handguns, get a good one and it works fine...
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:25:56 AM EDT
[#7]
the barrel is 3" long..........
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 11:04:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
the barrel is 3" long..........

well that isn't too bad, certain hollow points would probably expand.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:04:38 PM EDT
[#9]
mike45acp.....my back-up is loaded with Winchester 185 gr. silvertips HP personal protection load and it chambers just fine....
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 3:30:59 AM EDT
[#10]
i wouldnt take one if you gave it to me!i had one for about 1 week .as stated above bad triger(the worst)after shooting just a few rounds your hand is done.the triger reminds me of those hand sqweezer,exercizer do dads.
like i said i had it less than 1 week before i traded it back to a trading gun freind of mine.
by far the worst pos excuss for a pistol i have ever shot.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 3:32:42 AM EDT
[#11]
just gos to show you everone has an opinion but i really didnt think this gun would get any positive press????
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 9:13:05 AM EDT
[#12]
There you go, thinking again.........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top