Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2004 6:01:11 PM EDT
Never seen these before I was kinda thinking about it just to be different but then realized that I could get about 3 MWG drums for the same price. Have any of you had a chance to handle one of these and what did you think? Heres the link AMT Drum Also anyone know ifit would be possible to convert a American 180 drum to a 10/22 drum. I know it wouldnt be cheap but it would be fun as hell having 225 rounds to fire without a reload.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:52:43 PM EDT
[#1]
One of the NOTORIOUSLY OVERPRICED mag sellers at the local gun show has one-- it's near-mint (claims <and looks like> it was only used once) and he wants $400.00 for it-- ban or no.

My advbice-- save your cash and get a MGW drum.  That, or buy 7-8 standard 30's.

It's nifty looking, but why bother?  You could get a used 10/22 for that price!

Mike
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:48:04 PM EDT
[#2]
If it's designed as well as AMT's other products (I had two of the worst Automag II's ever made) I'd steer well clear of this one guys.

Dave
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:14:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If it's designed as well as AMT's other products (I had two of the worst Automag II's ever made) I'd steer well clear of this one guys.

Dave

True, but the AMT lightning series was pretty sold.....

I'm avoiding it based on cost.  It's got a tremendous "gee, whiz!" factor, but that's not enough to justify spending as much as I would for two used but solid 10/22's!

Mike
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:21:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I got one when I bought my used 10/22 at a gun show. Haven't used it yet since I thought it might be a collectors item. I might just take it out of the locker and load it up for a bit of plinkin to se if it actually works. I can say that I wouldn't pay more than the price of a MWG for it. It seems that it's built decently, but why pay for nostaglia when what you want it something you can take to the range and blast with....
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:39:13 PM EDT
[#5]
AMT went out of business, as did the company that bought them, Galena Industries.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top