Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2006 4:57:54 PM EDT
God those things are sweet. I saw one in the funshop for $300 today as I was leaving. Went back about 3 hours later and asked to put a few magazines through it in hopes of a purchase. Couldn't even get through the first magazine before the gun TRIPLED on me. Not a double, a triple.  Oh well, some things are not meant to be. If anyone ever gets a chance to buy one (that functions correctly) you might want to think about it.

Have a good evening!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:25:34 PM EDT
[#1]
While I'm at it, anyone else know of a good .45 caliber carbine? an SBR'ed Thompson would be cool wouldnt it?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:06:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:33:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a 45 camp carbine that runs flawless and is a whole lot of fun to shoot and very accurate. $300 is a very good deal but needs to run correctly!!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:41:33 PM EDT
[#4]
The Marlin Camp series is the topic of "academic only" full auto conversion books. Maybe this one has had the treatment.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:53:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have a 45 camp carbine that runs flawless and is a whole lot of fun to shoot and very accurate. $300 is a very good deal but needs to run correctly!!

I've got one too. It is one of my favorite guns.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#6]
A .45 Camp Carbine has always been on my wish list. But yeah, it has to work properly. I have a real desire for a .45 carbine. I didn't know Beretta was making the Storm in .45 though. Hmm......
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:19:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
While I'm at it, anyone else know of a good .45 caliber carbine? an SBR'ed Thompson would be cool wouldnt it?

Mmm SBR'ed Thompson. With stick mags.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:32:28 AM EDT
[#8]
I had one a few years ago. I was sorely disappointed that I wasn't ever able to get to shoot AS WELL as a good 1911. It was reliable, but the accuracy just wasn't there. I'm talking 4-6 inch groups at 50 yards.

I also had a chance to try out an M1 carbine that had been converted to 45 Win Mag, now that one was a lot of fun. But was out of my budget at the time.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:43:02 AM EDT
[#9]
It seems to me a gun magazine in the '90s ran an article on how to improve the accuracy of the .45 CC. I'm going from memory here so it ain't gonna' be purdy.

Basically the quality of barrel Marlin used sucked. Terribly. But I seem to recall the magazine cut the barrel down to 10" or 12" or so and improved the accuracy quite a bit. I don't recall what else they did/found out. I seem to think it was Gun World magazine, mainly because they were the last of the mags who really worked on guns and critized ones that didn't live up to the hype.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:10:56 AM EDT
[#10]
i have a 9mm camp carbine (great little gun), i would love to have a .45 CC to go with it.  i have been mulling over the idea of SBRing my 9mm to about 1.5" ahead of the forearm.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:14:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I guess it seems that the consensus on the 45 camp carbine is that they are pretty neat guns. I'll keep my eye out for one that works!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:24:07 PM EDT
[#12]
if you can get the broken one for cheap Numrich has the parts to fix it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:00:47 AM EDT
[#13]
I've shot one and like it very much, the friend who has one said that his jammed when He didn't use good 1911 mags... Chip McCormick, Wilsons, ETC. when He used the cheap thign that came with it, it jammed.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:26:41 AM EDT
[#14]
I had one of these I used for a patrol rifle when my sidearm was an M1911.  I really miss it.  You definitely need to have good quality magazines (I used the Wilson Combat "bureaucrat" 10 rounders).  I also remember a few magazines (MECGARs I think) needed slight modification to work.

My gun was very accurate and never malfunctioned.  Sounds like this gun may have needed some fixing up.  I'd have offered half-price for it and took my chances :)

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:57:32 PM EDT
[#15]
that's a pretty good price.  

And Marlin will fix it for you.  

I think I paid $350 NIB for mine 7 or 8 years ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top