Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2016 2:45:58 PM EDT
I acquired this rifle last week not knowing what it was, and in working with several South American Mauser experts we were able to definitely identify it. It came from the recent Samco selloff with some Brazilian and other SA Mausers. This is what is known as a DWM Mod. 1907 Carbine (ALFA). It is a factory designed carbine by DWM and was offered for sale worldwide "off the shelf" by the German export company ALFA. It is listed on page 18 of the 1911 ALFA catalog with a picture for 150 German Marks. This is the only known reference to the rifle anywhere. Luckily, the handguard setup, large ring receiver, barrel bands, and lack of cleaning rod are distinct enough to identify it. Also, the pre 1912 German commercial proofs give away credence that my example is this exact rifle. Given my rifle's condition, this may be the only known example left. It is believed that almost all of these carbines were purchased by Brazil's Federal Police to trial the large ring Mauser design with. Mine is serial number 252, so probably 500 or less were purchased. Upon acceptance, the Federal Police contracted with DWM for their own crested M1907 carbine which is a military contract rifle (2000 carbines).

The bore is all but shot out on mine, but is still original matching except for the bolt. Non-refinished too. Robert Ball was not able to obtain an example or photo of one of these for the Mausers of the World book, so their existence was disputed then. The carbines for collectors website has maintained their existence and their experts helped me identify it. New discoveries are still out there... Figured some of the collectors here would like to see it. See the whole 1911 ALFA catalog here: ALFA Catalog

1911 ALFA Catalog page:

The ALFA Mod 1907 DWM Carbine:

The Brazilian DWM Contract Federal Police M1907 Carbine:

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 4:23:04 PM EDT
[#1]
That is just too damn cool finding that piece

Congrats on having a very rare rifle

Those Brazilians really treated most of their rifles rough
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top