Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/17/2020 12:57:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 8:04:19 AM EDT
[#1]
well, it is lot more affordable then factory, and slightly cheaper then Korean.

if I hadn't bought a shitload of MP5 straight mags when they were 15 dollars a pop, or made a 71 round drum, I probably would roll the dice on one of those
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 8:07:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes - Sort of, they had bee promising an MP5 mag for a while (many months) - now they have pictures up so hopefully it is getting close.

I would try a few.  RTG as a retailer has always been great to deal with; AC-unity so far, their other mags seem to be reasonable and work  but not sure if they are steel reinforced  feed lips.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 11:09:27 AM EDT
[#3]
offhand it does not appear to have steel reinforced lips, but says "Lifetime warranty against defect or loss of spring strength or corrosion."

Link Posted: 9/17/2020 2:19:09 PM EDT
[#4]
It's certainly more aesthetically pleasing than those horrible ETS mags. But I'll likely stick with HK magazines, maybe pick up a couple of these as cheap range mags if they end up getting good reviews. It is nice to see more variety.

Edit: pictures make everything better...
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 2:46:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 4:09:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Does anyone know the expected date they arrive in the US?

I've been signed up for email "in-stock" alerts but just curious
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 5:00:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

FWIW... the handguard in the 2nd pic is a AC Unity product as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's certainly more aesthetically pleasing than those horrible ETS mags. But I'll likely stick with HK magazines, maybe pick up a couple of these as cheap range mags if they end up getting good reviews. It is nice to see more variety.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/500752/acu-08_140_detail_jpg-1595367.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/500752/acu-42_t10_1341_detail_jpg-1595368.JPG

You know, it's not a bad looking handguard. I actually kind of like it. What's the overall opinion of AC Unity? I'd never heard of them prior to this thread. RTG says it's made in Bosnia, which I'll absolutely take over anything made in east asian countries. For $18 bucks, the handguard might be worth getting to try just for the hell of it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 6:53:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You know, it's not a bad looking handguard. I actually kind of like it. What's the overall opinion of AC Unity? I'd never heard of them prior to this thread. RTG says it's made in Bosnia, which I'll absolutely take over anything made in east asian countries. For $18 bucks, the handguard might be worth getting to try just for the hell of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/500752/acu-42_t10_1341_detail_jpg-1595368.JPG

Overall, I like their products.  Their first US product was a quad-stack 7.62x39 magazine.  Definitely unique, but could be flaky and need to be broken in.  A lot of the scuttlebutt for them comes from it's somewhat checkered launch.  Their more "traditional" magazines have been fine in their second generation.  (I think the polymer formulation was tweaked, and the BHO follower was redesigned.)  All their AK mags have steel front/rear lugs, usually a glaring omission on cheap polymer mags.  No reinforced feedlips, but no Magpul product has them either.  The polymer isn't as rigid as Magpul's, but I don't jump on my mags either.  They recently launched AK 5.56 mags at some pretty reasonable prices, which no one else has done.

I've purchased a handful of their AR grips, trigger guards, and the railed foregrip.  No issues with any of them, I like the texturing about as much as Magpul's.  About half as expensive so they've been great for guilt-free paint experiments.

I'm pretty eagerly looking forward to the MP5 mags.  I've been pretty happy with the AK 7.62/5.45/5.56 ones so far.  Ordered their AUG mags to try out too.  If nothing else, I want to encourage them to continue improving--having an alternative source of decent mags seems like a worthy goal.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 8:01:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Overall, I like their products.  Their first US product was a quad-stack 7.62x39 magazine.  Definitely unique, but could be flaky and need to be broken in.  A lot of the scuttlebutt for them comes from it's somewhat checkered launch.  Their more "traditional" magazines have been fine in their second generation.  (I think the polymer formulation was tweaked, and the BHO follower was redesigned.)  All their AK mags have steel front/rear lugs, usually a glaring omission on cheap polymer mags.  No reinforced feedlips, but no Magpul product has them either.  The polymer isn't as rigid as Magpul's, but I don't jump on my mags either.  They recently launched AK 5.56 mags at some pretty reasonable prices, which no one else has done.

I've purchased a handful of their AR grips, trigger guards, and the railed foregrip.  No issues with any of them, I like the texturing about as much as Magpul's.  About half as expensive so they've been great for guilt-free paint experiments.

I'm pretty eagerly looking forward to the MP5 mags.  I've been pretty happy with the AK 7.62/5.45/5.56 ones so far.  Ordered their AUG mags to try out too.  If nothing else, I want to encourage them to continue improving--having an alternative source of decent mags seems like a worthy goal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice, thanks for the info. For the extremely reasonable price, I might pick up one of the MP5 mags to try out. I like the aesthetics (unlike the clear ETS mags, which I think look awful) and it would be nice to have some cheap backup mags. Maybe I'll pick up the handguard too, just for something different.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 8:36:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
offhand it does not appear to have steel reinforced lips, but says "Lifetime warranty against defect or loss of spring strength or corrosion."
View Quote
Yeah just keep in mind that's for the lifetime of the company doing the manufacturing (or in this case, the importer) since the manufacturer is in Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Pretty sure if they sever ties the importer won't be able (or obligated) to provide any warranty support.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 10:42:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder if those are MLOK slots or just for looks.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 12:56:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was thinking the same thing. If they were Mlok, that would be a very functional handguard. However, the RTG site describes the handguard as "Vented design offers great looks and increased cooling." So I'm guessing it's not actual Mlok.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 1:06:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Given how awful their quad stack AK mags are, I'm gonna pass
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 11:56:04 AM EDT
[#14]
I like the handguard. If you can mount an mlok QD sling mount to it I want one.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 5:14:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 5:41:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I've been told they are not M-Lok slots. If anything they are closer to MOE slots, but I don't have one to measure.

https://i.imgur.com/HPu3Tg8.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been told they are not M-Lok slots. If anything they are closer to MOE slots, but I don't have one to measure.

https://i.imgur.com/HPu3Tg8.jpg

Thanks, that’s too bad although these things are so cheap I’m tempted to get one and see if I can jury rig a rail section to one of the openings.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 5:53:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 9:36:41 PM EDT
[#18]
The handguard... It's 19 bucks...

Link Posted: 9/18/2020 11:06:12 PM EDT
[#19]
That handguard is not bad - - maybe they will come out with a MP5 retractable stock for under $200 too!
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 8:53:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Interested to see them in the wild.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 8:16:54 PM EDT
[#21]
I picked up one of their .223 AK mags. It seems nice. I'll try these when they come out
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 10:01:40 PM EDT
[#22]
I have some of their 5.45 and 5.56 AK mags. I've got 30s and 45 rounders and all of them work well so far. A friend has the quad stack 7.62 AK mag and his work great. I'd grab their HK mags to try out based on the success of those.
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 10:55:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
That handguard is not bad - - maybe they will come out with a MP5 retractable stock for under $200 too!
View Quote

I'd be happy if I could get any non-HK rear... thing (be it stock, brace, cap, whatever) that I can get the pins in and out of without a goddamn punch and hammer.  I'd pay more than $200 for that.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 6:31:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'd be happy if I could get any non-HK rear... thing (be it stock, brace, cap, whatever) that I can get the pins in and out of without a goddamn punch and hammer.  I'd pay more than $200 for that.
View Quote

I would agree - I think its a systemic part of the design and variables of the builds and the aftermarket parts.    All I have are clones So I can't comment on real HK.  Some difficult and slide in smooth and fit great.  I have some aftermarket stocks that have needed a little dremel work some don't.

I have some old leftover Portuguese G3 back end demil receiver sections and seem to take a stock and pins smooth like butter. I suspect parts from the same factory fit better together.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 10:53:02 AM EDT
[#25]
I got an email from RTG that they are coming in shortly with an ETA of 2 weeks on both the 30 and 40 round mags. Looking forward to testing a couple of these out.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 12:31:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Definitely ordering some of these - the AK and AR mags they make are great!
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 1:59:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Purely aesthetics

But polymer mags just look wrong in a MP5 to me
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 4:49:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 7:56:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Yall be sure to report back.  I could certainly use more cheap MP5 mags as long as they are reliable.  

Although the thicker, flared body looks like it could make it not work in MP5 mag carriers.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 10:46:31 PM EDT
[#30]
So when will we see some AC Unity Serbian mp5 clones? :)
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 8:38:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 6:05:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Purely aesthetics

But polymer mags just look wrong in a MP5 to me
View Quote

I agree and I only currently have HK mags. But if these are quality, I'd be willing to stack an absurd number of them, just to be sure I have enough MP5 mags to last my lifetime.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 12:28:13 PM EDT
[#33]
So when are these going to be in stock anywhere?

These have been a tease for months.

Maybe they will be out when the PSA MP5 clone arrives
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 4:07:52 PM EDT
[#34]
lifted from the book of faces

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/19/2020 6:48:19 PM EDT
[#35]
In stock now at RTG

Link Posted: 10/19/2020 6:54:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Nice, picked some up to try.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 7:02:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Ordered a bunch of the 30-rd mags.

Don't really like 40-rd mags in the MP5, the Magpul 35s for the Scorpion are kinda too long.  But hey, more options are awesome!
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 8:17:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Ordered a bunch of the 30-rd mags.

Don't really like 40-rd mags in the MP5, the Magpul 35s for the Scorpion are kinda too long.  But hey, more options are awesome!
View Quote

I orded 6 of the 30 rounders, hoping they are decent.
I agree the 40 rounders seem too long for me.

Link Posted: 10/20/2020 12:34:07 PM EDT
[#39]
RTG got 3,000 of each in. I'm going to look for review before buying some myself so looking forward to reading everyone's experiences with these.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 10:40:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Bought two.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 12:46:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Bought two and two of their glock mags...we shall see. I have a binary trigger pack in my PTR so if the magazines have any feed design flaws, they'll be exposed quickly.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:17:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Bought two and two of their glock mags...we shall see. I have a binary trigger pack in my PTR so if the magazines have any feed design flaws, they'll be exposed quickly.
View Quote

I had picked up the AC-Unity Glock mags a few weeks back - so far they are flawless in my Vector Kriss 9mm.  Only 250 rds. through them.  Holding off using too much 9mm on range fun time - 9mm is expensive!
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 12:54:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Just received 2 of the AC Unity mags from RTG.  They are extremely tight in my PTR 9CT and the MP5 Maglula will not fit.  May have to do some sanding to get them to fit.  As delivered they take a lot of force to seat in the weapon and have to really pull hard on them to extract from the magazine well.  Glad I only ordered 2.

Edit: measured the magazines they are slightly longer (front to back) than factory HK mags.  Also after inserting them a number of times they seem to have loosened up a bit.  They still fit very tight but don't require as much force to insert or remove.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:54:01 PM EDT
[#44]
I really hope the 40s work, as I need some options for USPSA PCC. Anyone see any 40s in the wild yet?
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:40:42 PM EDT
[#45]
I recieved 6 of the 30 rounders today.  They fit on the tighter side in my Zenith, but they lock up well. I would say they are about 1 inch longer than standard mags. Hope to shoot them soon, but first impressions are good.  

Link Posted: 10/25/2020 4:50:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Update on the mags I received.

After determining that the mags are wider, front to back I judiciously filed a little on the front lower "pad".  The magazines now fit snuggly but don't require a lot to insert or remove.  I manually ran 30 rounds of dummy FMJ RN through each mag and they functioned perfectly.

The mags are about 3/4" longer than factory and a bit wider in the body.  The windows are a nice touch.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 1:55:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Mine arrived today.

Can echo the observation that they are pretty tight in the PTR-9.  I inserted/removed one about 20-30 times and it wore in.  That front pad is definitely the spot to file on if you were going to modify it; just the tiniest bit.  With polymer I'd rather they be a little oversize than under given the dimensional variety in the MP5 clones.  Easier to take material away than add it back.

Hand-cycled some 9mm snap caps through it and they seem to feed fine that way.  The real proof will be shooting but I am optimistic.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 3:47:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Put me on the list for tight. In both my PTR's (9kt and 9ct) tight as hell.

Not that's a bad thing... I'll work with these for a while, but as of now they are relegated to buy cheap, stack deep back up / range use.

Overall very nice magazines for the price. I like them.

Link Posted: 10/26/2020 5:07:31 PM EDT
[#49]
I received mine today.  They fit in both my POFs (Full size and reverse stretch) just a hair tighter than my factory steel mags - I would say darn near perfect as far as insertion and removal.

I didn't get a chance to test fire yet but so far I'm impressed for the price point.

I also picked up some AC-Unity Glock, 5.56 AK mags for the Zastava 85, and some 5.45 45 rounders.  The AK mags have visible metal reinforcements which are nice.  the 5.56 AK mag is a little snug on the Zastava pistol but not anything to worry about it will click in and out by hand.

TheAC-Unity  Glock mags I have tried and they work great in my Kriss Vector 9mm.

Also picked up some fine German surplus items at RTG - always has great stuff.

Get them all before Biden drives up everything!

Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:46:53 AM EDT
[#50]
I picked up two of the 40s.  If they work, I'll run them in USPSA PCC division.  I'll report back as soon as I get them, and get it a practice session with them.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top