Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2006 12:55:41 AM EDT
anyone  know of a good one for under $600 with 30 rd mags? I've been thinking about a kel-tec s2k but I hear leftys get blowback in the face with each shot.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:36:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I think the Beretta Storm can be set up for lefties.

From the Beretta web site:

The extractor, ejector, magazine release button, manual safety and cocking handle are easily reversible for right or left hand use.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:30:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Yup, a Cx4 can be set up for lefties.  It's supposedly not all that hard, either.

Unfortunately, you won't find one for too much under 600 USD.  Lowest I've seem the 9mm ones is in the mid-500's.  As well, the only 30 rounders currently made for it are made by Pro-Mag, and the quality on them is fairly hit or miss.  Mec-Gar makes pretty good 20-rounders for it, though.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:23:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I can tell you as a lefty and owner of a 9mm 92 CX4 it's an excellent carbine for a lefty and a great shooting/handling one too.
To change over the ejection you just take out the bolt assembly and switch the ejector and extractor to the other side and put the port cover to the other side also. It should take you maybe five minutes and is very easy.
It's got great accessories and cheap mags besides. I'm running about half and half of MDS high caps and MecGar 20's and both are top quality mags and easy to find. Did I say it's very reliable and extremely accurate too?

CX4
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 2:57:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, for leftys the Beretta Storm is the way to go.

The other left hand friendly 9mm carbine I know of is the Steyr AUG.

But, the 9mm AUG is not very practical because you are paying $3,300 for the gun and another $2,700 for the 9mm kit (if you can find one)

For 6K you could buy 8 to 10 Beretta Storm rifles.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:08:14 PM EDT
[#5]
If you're not dead-set on a 9mm, you might also look at the PS90.  The 5.7x28 cartridge shows a lot of promise.

ETA: They're rather expensive though (1600-ish), and you'd really want to Form 1/SBR it down to 10 inches.  Ammo's fairly expensive now (20 for 50 SS197, 25 for 50 SS195), but there's a few more manufacturers who're going to start up production this year, so it should get cheaper.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:22:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Have to vote for the Storm as well I have 2 one in 9mm & .45 there fun accurate and easy to accessorize
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:55:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If you're not dead-set on a 9mm, you might also look at the PS90.  The 5.7x28 cartridge shows a lot of promise.

ETA: They're rather expensive though (1600-ish), and you'd really want to Form 1/SBR it down to 10 inches.  Ammo's fairly expensive now (20 for 50 SS197, 25 for 50 SS195), but there's a few more manufacturers who're going to start up production this year, so it should get cheaper.

Nice, but 3x his price range!  

If the PS90 were at a more sane price (sub $1k), and ammo weren't expensive, I'd consider one.

But in this case, our thread starter wants a Beretta CX4 Storm.

I got mine recently for $529 shipped.  Found it on Gunbroker listed as 'used, but likely never fired'.   It was as described.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:34:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm a lefty, and don't have any problems with my Colt 9mm AR, even with the suppressor.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:45:42 PM EDT
[#9]
The Kel-Tec's a great rifle for the money, but the blowback with lefty's thing is true.  What I have found is that if I square off on the target, and point the rifle straight out from my shoulder instead of blading my body to the target, I get much less blowback.

-K
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:59:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Forgot to add above that I love shooting mine. Put a cheap red dot sight on top and its good to go. Not that the iron sights are bad, in fact, they are actually really good for a low cost carbine just not as much fun as a red dot.

I enjoy mine so much I always think of getting one in .45 ACP but there are other guns ahead of it on my list.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:28:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Thanks for the replies and info everyone.
Happy Easter
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top